Head of eCommerce – Sports Wearables
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Innovative consumer tech start up operating at the forefront of solutions for smart wearables have created a number of product concepts in wearable sporting technology that will be revolutionary in their application – to be launched in Q1 2017.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You’ll own in its entirety the creation of an ecommerce solution – from managing and directing agency on design, build, look and feel and what the web does to front-end Digital and SEO through to back-end logistics & delivery and how orders and picked, packed and delivered to consumers. Working with the Global Head of Marketing you’ll develop an ecommerce plan and strategy as well as ensuring the day to day running of the digital department implementing KPIs and performance measurements to make sure the company is meeting its objectives and targets.
- Responsible for ecommerce proposition, planning, strategy and day to day management and delivery
- Populate website with appropriate content and optimise
- Ensure optimal multi-channel experience
- Develop digital strategies for online growth
- Determine appropriate report metrics and systems
- Responsible for 3rd party relationships
- On-going digital performance management and optimisation
- Responsible for creating delivery service/logistics solution to optimize customer experience, costs and conversion rate and manage customer service team
- Work with operations team to develop inventory projections and manage inventory levels
- Work with product management and marketing team on new product launches
- Assist in identifying features and functionality enhancements
- Responsible for ensuring that the technology environment is provided to supports delivery of data/services to multiple platforms and that IT standards are continuously sustained and improved
- Optimise the digital infrastructure and applications to deliver a superior experience
- Develop and deliver a highly relevant customer experience to visitors and optimise customer journey
Digital customer acquisition
- Own online marketing strategies to increase sales and visitors, relationships with key external agencies and the online budget for all digital channels to ensure targets are achieved
Content and SEO
- Own the strategy to maximise visibility through natural search rankings, lead the digital content management plan and ensure visual and consistency across brands and digital platforms
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Head of Ecommerce will set the direction and commercial performance of the website and will ensure it’s the industry leader in the mobile technology sector and is itself cutting edge technology so we’re looking to appoint a Head of eCommerce from a fast paced, dynamic, high-growth consumer tech or packaged goods background who’s owned hands on end to end the full ecommerce platform, Sales and Digital Marketing within a consumer electronics, tech, mobile wearables, FMCG or sports fashion brand, with at least 3 years in a managerial role. Experience of Magento is an advantage.
If you’ve worked in a large blue chip environment and have the perfect experience it’s also ideal if you’ve also been part of a start-up or smaller business and have hands on managed the full back office and end to end spectrum of the role.
Ideally you’ll have created an ecommerce platform, and will have first-hand experience of:
- eCommerce – develop, implement and own all eCommerce activities. Ensure smooth customer experience – from strong online merchandising & trading through to ensuring smooth communications with warehousing & logistics
- Digital Marketing – building, implementing and owning the digital marketing strategy from acquisition to retention, ensuring content is relevant, up to speed and optimised
- Technology – ensure the environment is able to support multiple platforms and accommodates external suppliers / systems.
- Ability and adaptability to work and thrive in a fast paced (faster than FMCG) environment
ABOUT THE OFFER
c. £75,000 - £80,000 basic salary + 20% bonus + benefits
CVs in Word format only