Trade Marketing Manager
As a market leader in the cruise industry, we operate spectacular ships all over the world. Join us as a Trade Marketing Manager within our P&O Marketing Department and you'll go far too. We are looking for someone who will support all sales channels (travel agent, contact centre, new business and onboard sales) with all communication to support P&O's distinct and consistent brand positioning through all trade related activities and promotional campaigns by being the dedicated (sales channels) marketing resource, servicing all sales channels with marketing support. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and delivering the key marketing support materials that the sales channels require in order to effectively promote P&O Cruises. Finally they will ensure all support material is created and distributed in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities as Trade Marketing Manager are:
- Improving the alignment of travel agent communications to the P&O Cruises brand
- Clash management of advertising activity across travel agents and P&O Cruises direct to maximise coverage and effectiveness.
- Responsible for coordinating and delivering non campaign marketing activity for all sales channels (travel agent, contact centre, new business and onboard sales) from brief to customer. To ensure all support material is created and distributed in a timely manner.
- Support Marketing Managers and Sales Ops teams to deliver effective campaign activity as required.
- Support the Partnership team by being the voice of Marketing and Brand in key forums such as sales weekly trading sessions.
- Ensuring the Partnership team is aware of upcoming plans, activity and new news from Marketing. They will then also be the voice of Sales in Marketing meetings and discussions.
Degree educated, you will need a clear understanding of marketing communications practices and techniques as well as excellent presentation and interpersonal skills. Your proven commercial acumen and ability to work effectively across more than one department will help you to drive the trade marketing agenda. With experience of working to tight deadlines to produce marketing communications across various medium and channels including advertising, as Trade Marketing Manager you will make an impact from day one. For the Trade Marketing Manager experience of working in the hotel / hospitality / leisure industry or working with Travel Agents would be highly desirable along with any exposure of working with the travel trade press.
About P&O Cruises
Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard. We provide unforgettable holiday experiences and operate a winning culture to achieve standout success.
For over 175 years, our iconic ships have been defining sophisticated ocean travel. Our Cunard ships have always been The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World. We continue our legacy of luxury ocean travel with our flagship Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, with Queen Mary 2 providing the only regularly scheduled transatlantic service between Southampton and New York.
P&O Cruises has a proud and long tradition, with seven ships including our flagship Britannia which joined our fleet in March 2015. With the announcement of our new ship, due to join the fleet in 2020, we offer holidays tailored to British tastes combining genuine service, a sense of occasion and attention to detail, ensuring passengers have the holiday of a lifetime, every time.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey as Trade Marketing Manager, APPLY now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.