Head of Copy
The Head of Copy provides direction, leadership and inspiration to the copywriters of the agency.
In addition to your role as a senior copywriter within the agency, you are responsible for ensuring that the creative copy across the agency is of the highest standard possible in an ABM context. This will include line management of specific copywriters and working proactively with teams to ensure copy is of the highest quality.
You will also be instrumental in attracting top copy talent, and retaining the talent we have. You will inspire those copywriters – and all creatives – around you both with your brilliant copy and your excellent conceptual work.
Your leadership will result in you being the go-to person regarding copy in the agency, and by successfully championing the role of copy you will help maintain Momentum’s excellent reputation for being ABM experts. You’ll also still be half of the agency’s most senior creative team, working with the Art Director to produce award-winning, inspirational work.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that copy throughout Momentum is of high quality
- Instil ABM expertise into the copywriting team by ensuring that outputs reflect the client’s tone of voice and are tailored to an individual account
- Own the end-to-end processes for copywriting, from the receipt of the brief through to sign off
- Ensure that Momentum’s work always has a high-quality copy element to it, providing constructive feedback when improvements are needed
- Promote dynamic and fluid working relationships between account teams, copywriters and other creatives
- Support the resourcing of client projects by ensuring the right copywriter is assigned
- Act as copy lead across high-value client work, providing leadership, concepts and creative direction
- Train and develop the copy talent we have within the team, helping them improve their skills and providing them the opportunity to develop professionally
- Line manage the copywriters who report to you
- Recruit and oversee a broader freelance copy team, including those able to write in various languages
- Maintain quality control of all copy created, including that written in other languages
- 5-10 years’ experience in a copywriting/content role
- Previous agency or team management experience
- Relentless in the pursuit of strong creative concepts and copy
- Creative eye for detail from a copy and design perspective
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, inspire and motivate others
- A commitment to Momentum’s values
- Effective time management, prioritisation and delegation skills
Hands-on expertise in Word and PowerPoint, with the ability to scamp visual ideas as well as write words. Adobe an advantage.
Apply for Head of Copy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly