Account Manager - BWS
The role of the Food and Drink (BWS) Manager involves working with direct input from the in-house BWS product development, customer stream, marketing and PR teams to create communication material for the account's customers, suppliers and colleagues, as well as for the drinks trade media and both specialist and lifestyle writers.
There is a requirement to work independently running daily press office activities, including sampling, wine recommendations, price checks and promotions and food and wine matching. An important part of the role is coordinating the effective flow of information internally as well as externally. There is also the requirement to manage the production of content and responses for Wine on the client's accounts.
- PR expertise, mostly likely to Junior Account Manager/Account Manager level, ideally with experience of working (i) with or in big companies and (ii) of consumer lifestyle PR
- Understanding of how a press office functions and used to working with journalists
- Interest/experience in retail and retail customers
- Interest in beers, wines and spirits although no detailed expertise required
- Strong communications skills - both spoken and written
- Driving licence