Business Development Director (creative Agencies & direct-to-client) – Commercials
To successfully develop and win new business and clients, to deliver revenue growth for ITN Productions’ TV Commercial division. The primary purpose of the role is to (a) Win new clients by pitching the full suite of ITN production services and (b) Represent ITN Productions FL Director roster and in 2017, the newly appointed Director (film/TV commercials) focussing both on creative advertising agencies and clients. The primary role includes lead generation, credential development, pitch writing and presentation, liaising with all broadcast/agency parties, and working with producers to ensure we maximise the creative solution and profitability on each project. The Business Development Director will also be expected to provide management of projects through to delivery including contract maintenance, license agreements – with the support of an account manager and to identify and drive new revenue streams in conjunction with the Head of Commercials.
Head of Commercials
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify, target and develop relationships with new clients – creative/PR agencies and clients directly.
- Understand the creative industry and competitor landscape well.
- Have a strong creative understanding and appreciation for Directorial talent.
- Ability to super-sell a Director and a roster of Freelance Directors in order for ITN Productions to increase the number of treatment/bids offered by creative agencies for our participation.
- Achieve set revenue targets on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Implement departmental and companywide strategy
- Continuously stay in tune with the market through relevant research, and identify trends and new business opportunities
- Co-ordinate pitch responses, liaising with producers to manage creative solution, budget and profitability, and pitch to high level decision makers
- Understand pricing models to ensure accurate and realistic costs are put to the client
- Client management of production projects
- Build relationships with existing clients to generate further revenue opportunities
- Work closely with producers and technical teams to ensure successful project implementation
- Liaising with Clearcast or compliance to gain approvals and clearance on all projects
- Report weekly to line manager on briefs/new pitches and revenue opportunities
- Successful track record in new business/business development
- Extensive and established relationship network with creative agencies and a strong network into client brand teams. Broadcaster and Publisher relationships are also advantageous.
- Extensive client facing and account management experience
- A thorough understanding of the creative processes and production
- Ability to convert a concept into a working project
- Confident in pitch writing and presenting
- Ability to use own initiative whilst still working as part of a larger team
- Experience in negotiating on all aspects of a deal
- Experience working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of Clearcast and compliance approval processes
- Excellent MS Office skills
This Job Description identifies the main requirements of the role. It is not an exhaustive list of duties but is intended to reflect the nature, range, and context of the work, which will change over time.
ITN is an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Author: Laetitia Rennie, Director of TV Commercials & Branded Content and Abigail Ingle, HR Officer
Date: October, 2016