Our client is a leading fully integrated independent agency based in London. They are looking for a strong and experienced senior digital developer to cover off both front-end and back-end coding, Umbracco builds and server management. You will have a background in delivering high quality websites and mobile websites with in-depth experience of managing the build aspect of the project, including supporting members of the development team.
You will manage their Rackspace-powered servers, including setting up (and retiring) servers, IIS configuration, uploading work, managing Google Analytics accounts and generally providing a DevOps solution.
You will be working in a small passionate team of web and technology enthusiasts and need to be able to express your opinions clearly and be good at estimating and managing your time and that of team members.
Requirements and skills
This role is for a senior digital developer who will be able to carry a development project from conception through to completion, in a very senior-level environment, working within an already strong team.
Skills required include, but are not limited to:
Strong Umbracco and WordPress development skills
- Working knowledge of PHP and mySQL
- Solid knowledge of managing and configuring IIS and MS-SQL
- A client centric approach to your work
- Enjoy working in a cross disciplinary team
- Devoted to keeping up to date with web technologies
- Really enjoys building websites and digital media
- A strong character to inform and educate on best practices in order to increase quality
- Accuracy in estimating development times
- Push for greater adoption of Agile-like methods across the agency - process, tools and ways of working
- A desire to create a larger, more capable and stronger digital team that can extend into different marketing verticals
- Excellent project management or production experience in a technical consultancy/digital agency
- Possess outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy. Strong track record in managing projects for the full software development life cycle.
- Project delivery and project profitability.
- Team performance, cohesion and motivation
- Helping to build confidence in digital throughout the agency
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.