Editor- Womens Lifestyle Brand- print and online
Currently searching for an Editor for the market leading title in the women's lifestyle sector. Our client i s the UK's largest national publisher in this specialist field with a combined online reach of over 1 million every month and a combined bi-monthly readership of more than 300,000.
As Editor, you will lead and develop a cross-platform content team and take responsibility for developing and executing an editorial vision that supports the brand's values and commercial strategy. You'll be tasked with driving reach and engagement across print, digital, mobile and social, while working closely with the Publisher and commercial team to deliver key partnerships. You will also work collaboratively with fellow editors to drive and develop a more to strategic and cost-effective delivery of content across the Group.
Strategic Planning & Vision
* To develop a deep understanding of the target audience
* To create and develop the editorial strategy with an emphasis on delivering improved circulation performance, traffic and social media growth.
* To work closely with the Publisher to set editorial budgets and content schedules.
* To ensure everyone associated with the brand understands and helps deliver the editorial vision.
* To lead, direct and motivate your editorial team, setting clear goals and objectives and ensuring the smooth operation of the magazine and website.
* To keep abreast of consumer and media consumption trends, regularly reviewing competitive media activities to ensure editorial remains topical and relevant.
* Build and develop a strong, positive culture which attracts, motivates, develops and retains talent.
* Overall responsibility for content on all platforms.
* Work with your editorial team to generate creative and engaging content ideas and franchises for use in print and online.
* Strive to raise the quality of editorial output.
* Constantly seek out and respond to feedback from our consumers, team members, management, advertisers and external parties.
* Be responsible for the overall traffic performance of digital products measured by unique visitors, page views, page views per visit and dwell time.
Partnerships & Sales
* To work with the MD, Publisher and Commercial team to create a rolling development plan for the brand and to represent the editorial position of the brand at commercial meetings with partners, clients and agencies where appropriate.
* Build on existing franchises and revenue streams and create new ones in conjunction with the Publisher.
* Promote the brand through media and public appearances, through working with commercial and communication departments, and through consumer involvement to maximise brand awareness.
* Be the brand champion both internally and externally.
* Experience of working as an Editor or Deputy Editor for a commercial magazine or website, including commissioning, sub-editing, staff management, budgeting and promotional activities.
* Significant experience of a digital or non-print consumer environment.
* Ability to manage, motivate and develop a 360 editorial team.
* An in-depth knowledge and enthusiasm for the women's interests media market
* A demonstrable understanding and experience of digital media including building and engaging audiences on a range of digital platforms.
* The ability to think clearly and act decisively, to lead and motivate teams of people, many of whom will have more knowledge and experience in a particular part of the business, and to work collaboratively and effectively with areas not directly under one's control.
* Well-developed communication skills and the ability to represent the business at the highest levels both internally and externally.
* A collegiate and collaborative approach and a 'go-getting' attitude. Relates well to all kinds of people within and outside the company builds rapport easily.
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful applicants will be contacted.