Our client is global marketing agency on a mission producing award-winning integrated campaigns. They have offices based in the UK, Sydney, Singapore and San Francisco. The working environment is fun, open and honest, there is room to grow within the organisation given the expansion plans and the increasing volume of campaigns from their client base.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Event Director to take the reins of a corporate event for in February 2017. The ideal candidate should present a confident, knowledgeable and smart image, be self-motivated and have experience of managing conferences. This is a 6 month contract with a view to extending or going perm.
Their offices are based in the Surrey region.
The role would include:
- Clearly direct the team with clear decision making to deliver a seamless event
- Take ownership on delivering the conference - including overseeing logistics, speaker management, sponsorship management, delegate management and financial management.
- Ensuring that the event services and solutions offered deliver ROI and solve client challenges
- Ensure solutions are based on best practise and ahead of the competition
- Offer clear strategic thought at all levels, understanding client needs, thinking outside the box and ensuring that the client is given quality direction at all times.
- Team structure - ensure that work is delegated appropriately to ensure that the correct service levels can be provided to the client at all times i.e. an exec can do admin to free-up a manager to coordinate the whole project, to allow the account director capacity to add strategy, content and planning advice and guidance to client projects.
- Manage the resource to ensure that workload is shared evenly across the team and that no-individual team member is either over-burdened or under-utilised. Delegate responsibly and ensure that all team members are benefiting from your time, and exposure to different projects to increase their skills.
- Create team synergy and positive team spirit to ensure your team feels supported, can execute and deliver assigned aspects of the client business plans on time and budget, has a clear understanding of team and individual goals
- All conflict is dealt with in a positive manner with minimum fuss.
- Be accountability for ensuring that the management team are regularly updated on progress of the event.
- Corporate responsibility - accountable to the board of directors that all actions of the team are done in good faith, and with the core company values in-mind.
- Experience of organising 1000+ delegate conferences
- Ideal candidate will be an existing Event Director - minimum of 7 yrs+ experience in organising live events, meetings and exhibitions.
- Agency experience essential
- Comprehensive understanding of the B2B event management industry
- Ability to understand client objectives and interpret them to develop a integrated event strategy (including good listening and questioning skills)
- Excellent organiser - must have experience in managing multiple events at any one time with the ability to multi-task and prioritise based upon the event requirements. The role will involve managing event projects from an end-to-end perspective, therefore candidates will need to understand all aspects to event management from initial briefing to pre-event management, to on site production and through to analysing the success of event projects.
- Strong project manager - be able to juggle multiple tasks smoothly, be organised, have good time management and be in control. Managing the clients and colleagues expectations accurately with the ability to meet agreed deadlines.
- Experience managing a wider team on site at an event, with the ability to troubleshoot on site at events before anyone else, react accordingly and provide solutions to the internal team, external suppliers and clients alike.
- Immaculate attention to detail & writing skills - can input information quickly, accurately and thoroughly. Comfortable with proof reading and basic copywriting
- Financial control - experience of producing client facing budgets and closely of tracking campaign costs.
- Team player - happy to take instructions but also work independently and proactively when required.
- Confident and positive attitude - this is a client facing role that needs a happy, professional person who is happy to get involved in a wide range of marketing/event activities and understands how to liaise and present themselves in front of clients and suppliers within a working environment.
- Self-motivated and driven - they must be committed to what the role entails, can embrace the challenges and be hungry to learn.
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint literate - an good understanding and experience in working with spreadsheets and creating proposals and presentations in PowerPoint
- Calm under pressure - our working environment gets extremely busy and stressful. The ability to be able to work independently when needed, be forward thinking and use initiative. Ability to make reactive decisions confidently and coherently on site at events quickly that are the right decision and articulate to the wider team in a positive way.
Please send CV stating salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
Apply for Event Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly