Senior Digital Director
Senior Digital Director
- To be recognized by senior management as the key point of contact, and accountable figure for all financial and personnel issues on specific client accounts.
- To lead, inspire and manage account team (s), in partnership with the senior team to deliver an efficient, effective and profitable service to clients.
- To meet and exceed key performance goals in respect of client satisfaction, business development, profitability and staff performance, whilst demonstrating the ability to combat challenging situations in terms of client relationships and market/digital trends.
NB. This new role is a central part of the agencies new client centric model aimed at driving improvements in the agencies ability to deliver true strategic partnership to its clients. This role will work very closely with the wider team, and be responsible for driving incremental client growth through the delivery of increased commercial and strategic value
Understanding the Agency
- Understand and promote the agencies credentials to clients and internally within the agency.
- Actively promote and utilize the specialist skills that the agency has to offer, where appropriate, on existing business, whilst identifying new business opportunities within your allocated client accounts and within those of the team you manage.
- Understand the roles and capabilities of the agencies Specialism's, building effective and profitable relationships with senior staff.
- Be responsible for the quality of both internal and external materials/communications prepared by your account team and other departments.
- Understand and work towards delivering the agencies financial performance measures, maintaining regular dialogue with the MD, SMT and Finance team on financial performance.
- Manage the business on a proactive basis, positioning the agency as a key digital strategic partner, taking an active interest in all aspects of Client business:
- Obtain business data and market information from Client and competitive environment, ensuring the agency is fully immersed in the Client's business.
- Understand and respond to client's business and communication strategy and objectives.
- Understand and respond to client's digital strategy and how the wider digital agenda is impacting on the client business and opportunities.
- Understand the brand and portfolio.
- Ascertain and respond to client needs, directing key personnel and departments to effectively deliver client requests.
- Identify and initiate business opportunities from existing clients and new potential clients and produce proposals.
- Implement appropriate service level agreements with clients to ensure that all work meets acceptable levels of quality and timeliness within budgetary guidelines.
- Conduct regular audit with Client to ensure continued satisfaction
- Co-ordinate key strategic meetings with client and internal quarterly client planning sessions.
- Be the key point of contact/escalation for your client team(s), driving day to day business
- Lead, integrate and direct work with the agencies departments and specialism's.
- Take responsibility for the approval of day-to-day briefs, contact reports, quotes etc.
- Delegate tasks and agenda items as appropriate to Client/Project Managers and other team members.
- Implement regular dialogue with MD and the SMT to review and identify client issues.
Creative Awareness and Project Management
- Take responsibility, with the core client team and heads of department, for the quality of the strategy and output:
- Brief, direct and inspire, with the wider team, on all projects, providing insight into client and audience expectations.
- Give clear, constructive and objective feedback, agreeing the appropriateness of work and concepts presented to clients.
- Manage and direct production and development schedules to ensure quality control prior to presentation, whilst ensuring all work is completed in line with time and budgetary constraints. Liaise with the wider team to ensure that SLAs are being maintained.
- Work in conjunction with production to implement appropriate working practices for relevant Clients in terms of procedure, process and resource to ensure service levels are maintained, all work meets budget, and ensure that timescales are realistic and being achieved.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all specialism's and departments.
- Hold and understand the client contract on all relevant accounts
- Ensure that the relevant MI is maintained on all clients
- Educate your client team in appropriate fiscal procedures and implement a regular forum to keep all team members up to speed on the financials of each piece of business.
- Ensure quotes, invoices, financial status meetings are delivered on time and timesheets are completed and up-to-date for your client team.
- Oversee financial interactions on accounts, ensuring good financial health, revenue streams and billing practices, identifying fiscal issues with MD and finance team as they arise
- Set clear goals and SMART objectives for the performance of your team, ensuring input and agreement is received from MD
- Implement and contribute to the performance and career management process ensuring personal review meetings are held on a regular basis. Ensure content is constructive, providing feedback and an opportunity to agree next steps
- Inspire the agencies team and direct them to achieve positive end results
- Be responsible for the management and mentoring of your team to ensure that they are achieving their personal development goals.
- Maintain dialogue with MD:
- Manage team issues
- Agree training and development needs are met by an agreed training plan
- Co-ordinate attendance at key client meetings
- Agree delegation of tasks and responsibilities across the team
- Proactively pursue self development opportunities
- Discuss career aspirations and agree personal development plan with MD
- Assume joint responsibility with MD for regularly reviewing performance and personal development
Skill set and background
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of extensive working within the Digital arena. This could be pure play digital
- Passion about the digital industry demonstrated by a genuine interest in and enthusiasm for all aspects of digital design and its strategic and tactical opportunities.
- Deep understanding of digital strategy and the ability to apply this understanding to a wide range of commercial opportunities.
- Proven ability to drive existing business to maximize both account profitability and agency revenue, whilst identifying new business opportunities from new and existing clients
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Advanced presentation skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent team management experience