Advertising Manager, Women’s Interest Portfolio (Primarily Digital)
Reporting into the Portfolio Group Advertising Manager (GAM) our client requires a strong sales leader, one who will lead from the front across this leading Portfolio, and relish the challenge and opportunity of capitalising on their strong market position. They’re looking for a candidate primarily with significant experience in digital advertising, and if they had print too this would be a bonus but this is not essential. The successful candidate will have strategic vision, combined with creativity and flexibility. An eye for being able to identify key growth opportunities and execute these, combined with team building skills are also crucial in succeeding in this role.
- Working with the GAM devise and implement a cohesive ad sales strategy to ensure maximum ad revenue across the wedding portfolio
- Work closely with the audience sales team to maximise revenue
- Significantly grow the digital ad revenue line, including identifying new products, clients and commercial opportunities
- Advise & help set revenue budgets alongside GAM
- Develop and implement annual business plans
- Analyse and identify sector and market trends, new products and commercial revenue streams to add value to the portfolio
- Develop revenues within non endemic client and agency led sectors
- Manage the sales team day to day
- Motivate and actively lead the successful business relationships with clients and agency contacts - leading from the front is crucial
- Recruitment, selection and training of the sales team, ensuring that team development and training plans are in place and successfully executed.
- Set quality KPI’s for your team and ensuring these are achieved through effective, regular performance measurement, feedback and reviews.
- Responsibility for the smooth running of administrative and sales systems for the portfolio
- Work alongside ad, design, tech and product development teams to secure innovative and market leading solutions
- Work closely with the GAM, Managing Director, Publisher & editorial team on partnership activity and new commercial opportunities
- Represent the wider Immediate Media ad portfolio where appropriate to clients and agencies
- Initiate and attend appropriate team, department, brand and company meetings
- A proven track record of successfully selling advertising to agencies and major companies at the highest level
- Ability to think both strategically and laterally to drive value for the Portfolio
- Proven track record of managing a sales team
- Excellent business and numeracy skills
- Extensive contacts in ad agencies and lifestyle sectors
- Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills and experience of all the highest level
- Superb communication skills
Leadership - Creates and communicates an inspirations vision for the future in which people understand where they fit in and how they can contribute. Is approachable, friendly and visible. Takes personal responsibility for modelling and driving values and leadership practices
Organisation & Management - Good planner and organiser. Assumes responsibility and understands when there are peaks and troughs in workload. Organises work and resources to meet deadlines. Uses initiative to step in where necessary. Measures performance against goals and evaluates results
Building Relationships - builds long term partnerships. Listen well and responds appropriately. Is sensitive to customer needs and concerns. Trades off short term cost for the benefit of long term relationships. Puts self in others shoes
Intellectual ability - Is bright and intelligent. Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably.
Apply for Advertising Manager, Women’s Interest Portfolio (Primarily Digital)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly