Creative Designer Global Consultancy
A global consultancy is looking for a Creative Designer at manager level to work in the Bids/Pursuits team. The successful candidate will come from an in-house, professional services background and be comfortable working in a corporate environment.
Working closely with the Bids Manager, duties include the following:
- Develops conceptual design and innovative ideas for client deliverables
- Effectively creates comprehensive layouts and design with strong typography and appropriate use of colour, images and negative space, allowing for readability of content
- Develops concepts for packaging design and carries through with the construction of ideas
- Effectively utilises styles, master pages, templates, tracking, kerning and leading
- Relates design work to the client's business needs
- Supports firm brand
- Understands, implements, and adheres to the quality standards and procedures established by company standards and guidelines
- Troubleshoots technical issues in graphic files for pre-press and printing-linking graphics, including fonts and creating colour separations
- Maintains awareness of "state-of-the-art" techniques, equipment, best practices and developments within the design community
- Proficient and remains up-to-date with graphic software tools and equipment required of the position, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- May cross-train in additional creative disciplines to provide flexibility during peak times
- Influences clients to choose an effective design and deliverable solution within budget requirements
- Pursues and shares best practices within the department and among creative staff
- Negotiates project deadlines to create timelines, determines project scope to define cost estimates, and schedule changes for client approval
- Create timelines and cost estimates for client approval
- Manage vendor relationships, and works with external vendors regarding the coordination of production for external products and services
- Utilises the internal procedures to ensure all time and materials are billed correctly, and project instructions and client interactions are fully documented
You will have good knowledge and experience of the following:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent work ethic and the ability to thrive in a time-sensitive environment
- Advanced skill in InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, Acrobat, PowerPoint
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Good concept and design skills
- Strong portfolio
- Experience in print production, both in-house and with external vendors
- Speed and accuracy are crucial to this position
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design and/or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
Depending upon workload, this position typically will require overtime. You may be asked/required to travel to work at an actual client site or other locations as part of a project team providing design, conceptualisation and solutions pertaining to deliverables.