Head of Digital
Head of Digital
Daniel Marks is working exclusively with a leading Travel brand and seeking a 1st class Head of Digital to join them. We are seeking a highly experienced, driven, entrepreneurial and proven Head of Digital.
There are 3 key dimensions to this role:
- A Product Owner that can take what is predominantly a B2B global business - expand and improve its' B2B/B2C/B2B2C digital presence and proposition to reflect the new ways people experience and consume travel and leisure online.
- A change agent and leader to shape the existing team to enable and support this digital proposition.
- A good stakeholder manager that can work with 7 regional marketing teams around the world in their regional activation for the brand.
- To succeed in this role, you need to be a hands-on leader that can provide thought leadership but be firmly focused on doing what is needed to get the job done. The role is an integral part of a Global Marketing Team, who will be responsible for developing the overarching digital strategy, as well as managing the implementation of initiatives and projects to support the strategic plan. You will be the digital figurehead for the brand.
This role will also be responsible for full budget management and regional budget allocation across all paid channels.
- Work with the Global Head of Marketing to define and execute the company's digital strategy in conjunction with the wider global brand objectives
- Manage and motivate a team of 25 in-house digital specialists including email, search, and social marketers, a web analyst, web producers and a digital designer and copy writer.
- Lead digital direct marketing activities (in conjunction with their digital Alliance team), including SEO, SEM, email marketing, social advertising.
- Manage a team of internal digital marketing and development resources to prioritise and deliver projects on schedule and to budget, including:
- Website CMS development projects
- Development of industry standard and innovative website functionality along site our Technical lead
- Development of regional marketing campaigns
- Interfacing with separate CRM, inventory and online booking systems
- On-going support and maintenance of the website alongside our Technical Lead.
- Be responsible the product and brand content online, as well as the execution of eCommerce initiatives
- Drive engagement with their core audience through a successful social media strategy
- Be responsible for driving growth of core KPI's (including sales) through digital channels (web, mobile, partnerships, etc.)
- Work closely with the global and regional marketing teams on strategic direction, and provide ongoing support for each of their tactical needs
- Oversee, guide, and approve visual design direction on digital properties
- Work with external suppliers to identify and implement opportunities for cost savings, resourcing efficiencies, improved workflow processes, etc.
- Provide leadership, direction, and technical expertise to design, develop, and support digital properties
- Work with the senior management team to advise on web and IT system requirements, trends, and best practice initiatives
- Evaluate supplier proposals for hardware, software and technical services and make recommendations on project/product compatibility/feasibility
- Organise and implement user groups, test plans, and success criteria for development projects
- Stay informed of new industry developments and technology changes, sharing with management and incorporating them into the strategy as relevant and encourage team members to do the same
- Consult with sister brands in the group to share best practice and encourage team members to do the same
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong exisiting experience in a leadership role within eCommerce/design/development/product marketing, with responsibility for strategic planning and implementation. Travel experience is preferable (but not essential)
- Undergraduate degree or higher in Marketing, Business, Technical Discipline
- Solid, practical and proven understanding of web marketing, email, social media marketing, SEO, SEM, and other digital marketing channels/activities.
- Experience in web development, site and search optimization, e-commerce, content management systems, and online marketing industry terms, practices and procedures (especially with a global role). Experience with SiteCore highly regarded.
- Experience of working in a brochure driven business is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking, entrepreneurial environment
- Leadership and management experience of teams of varying sizes
- Competency in managing the digital design process, including a keen eye for graphic design, UX and interface design, as well as web usability.
- Excellent project management skills, including delivery timelines and prompt execution.
- Self-starter who exhibits a strong sense of corporate requirements to complete multiple tasks.
- Proficient in MS Office suite software.
A degree of travel will be required in this role.
Please contact Negah Amiri at Daniel Marks now to find out more!