This role is perfect for an Interior Designer who ideally has an architectural/design background, who is passionate about property development and has the capacity to learn quickly. The client requires someone who is also commercially minded and understands how good Interior Property and Housing design can also help meet financial objectives.
The client operate in the PRS/build-to-rent market sector of the property and housing industry and tailor its products predominantly to young professionals, as such the living concept relies heavily on good functionality, design and creative use of space. The successful Interior Designer will be based at the offices in London and enjoy working in a entrepreneurial and friendly environment.
As entrepreneurial developers the client look at a vast range of opportunities and its key expertise is in both the Built-to-Rent and Young Professional Accommodation sectors.
- Conducting initial massing appraisals and determining developable areas, experience with Auto-CAD required, measuring sites etc
- Producing scheme design briefs
- present initial development design concepts
- challenge our assumptions and present a case for how through design we can meet our objectives.
- Liaising with architects and other project team members to feed into the appraisal and subsequent design development process
- Work with our marketing manager to seek complementary products
- Check planning policies in terms of design and use them to guide how we can approach development.
the ideal Interior Designer:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in interior design or relevant qualification
- Familiar with the industry standards
- Must be proficient in Auto-CAD
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe
- Excellent time management skills
- High attention to detail and high organised
- Previous interior design experience for the young professionals will be preferred but not a necessity
£80 - £100 a day for initial 3 months contract period followed by permanent offer if mutually beneficial