Account Manager - C&IT and Event
Twickenham, London (Greater)
|Business Type - Media Owner|
|Sector - B2B, Travel & Leisure|
|Specialism - Account Management, Sales & Business Development|
|Salary - Dependent on experience|
Twickenham, London (Greater)
Business Type - Media Owner
Sector - B2B, Travel & Leisure
Specialism - Account Management, Sales & Business Development
Salary - Dependent on experience
Conference & Incentive Travel and Event magazine, are looking for a talented Account Manager or experienced Senior Sales Executive looking for their next career move to sell across the C&IT & Event portfolio.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will work with the C&IT & Event sales team to generate the maximum potential revenue for this portfolio. Your clients will include luxury hotel chains, venues, exhibition centres, stadiums, experiential agencies and tourist boards. Selling across more than 30 brand extensions you will have the opportunity to develop skills across the entire media landscape. From magazine and supplement advertising to live events, digital and bespoke campaigns, C&IT and Event magazine will give you the ultimate platform to develop your sales career and have some fantastic experiences along the way.
As the Senior Sales / Account Manager across these exciting brands you will have a consultative, strategic and intelligent selling approach, ideally with experience of selling across a large brand portfolio. Working across such a diverse range of products also means there are lots of opportunities to make a name for yourself within this fast-paced and entertaining industry.
Within this role you will be expected to:
- Maintain, grow and expand revenue opportunities for the portfolio. You should be constantly seeking new ways to add to our revenue and profitability.
- Build the sales story. This involves understanding/analysing current strengths, weaknesses and areas of development and producing a plan to help build the sales story.
- Focus on forward planning and be able to manage your time to ensure all elements of our portfolio are focused on
- Personal selling. You will inherit a cross section of clients; big, small and of varying spend. Developing these accounts will be key and you will be targeted against this.
- Arrange and attend multiple face to face meetings each week
- Attend relevant industry events (both in the UK and internationally) to meet and network with your clients
- Build long term business relationships with clients and feel confident when entertaining clients at events, awards, away days and dinners.
Personal Sales activity
- Meet and exceed current budget and business plan forecasts for contribution and revenue
- Delivering revenues, through your individual efforts both with existing accounts and through constantly seeking new ways that add to our revenue and profitability.
- Be confident in package selling and securing forward bookings as well as being a strong negotiator
- Be confident in managing special projects and introducing new revenue ideas
- Work proactively and positively with the sales and editorial teams to achieve brand objectives
- Develop new business, clients, projects and other sales initiatives
- You will be a pro at client meetings – this role requires someone who has a proven track record of successful face to face meetings.
- Analysis. This needs to be constant and you should be able to spot market trends and action your sales approach accordingly.
- Accurate forecasting of all your prospects for all elements of the portfolio
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as be able to self-motivate when under pressure
- Willingness to learn and develop new ideas
- Ability to take on constructive feedback and apply it
- Disciplined, hard-working and prepared to go the extra mile
- Mature and professional (especially in all client facing environments)
- Excellent personal standards, including time keeping and appearance
There will be some need for international travel throughout the year to key exhibitions and events. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that has excellent sales skills but is also interested in the bigger picture of running and developing a business.
About Haymarket Media Group
Whether you’re looking to start a career in media or you already have first hand experience working in the media industry, why not come and join this influential media company with an outstanding history of success and a future full of growth