Senior Event Manager - (charity, mat cover)
Well-known charity seek an experienced and unflappable Events Manager to deliver varied range of special events and fundraisers.
Leading charity for disabled and disadvantaged children, known for it's high quality fundraising event programme - lunches, dinners, and special events, often featuring leading personalities from the sports and entertainment world.
Reporting into the Head of Events, and as part of a committed and passionate team, you'll be responsible for delivering a range of fundraising events - dinners, lunches, sporting events, auctions, special events and activities designed to maintain the high profile of the charity and raise funds from members and supporters, and corporates. As Senior Event Manager you'll take the lead on key events, over all aspects of event delivery and associated fundraising activities. The team is made up of a Head of Events, the Senior EM, two Event Executives and an administrator, so you'll be a good team leader, team player and mentor. 1 year maternity cover.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing varied fundraising events, from planning to post event follow up and analysis
- Prepare and manage event budgets
- Event Logistics and Production - venue find, negotiation and management, contracts, menus, banqueting order sign offs and bookings - source and manage AV companies, brief set design and tech requirements - supplier liaison: toastmasters, photographers, speakers and official guests
- Oversee production of marketing collateral for events
- Speakers and VIP headliners - brief and manage travel and accommodation
- Running events on the day
- Liaise with Sponsors to ensure packages fulfilled
- Oversee ticket administration
- Oversee admin of fundraising for the event including auction, silent auction and raffle prizes
- Co-ordinate project team on larger events
You'll be a highly organised, very personable Event Manager, ideally with relevant experience within the third sector/charity sector, and of delivering varied events and activities, ideally with fundraising aspects. Beneficial will be some understanding or experience of the sporting and/or entertainment world. Excellent organisational skills, and experience of delegating tasks to junior team members. You'll have excellent communication skills to deal with a wide range of people, supported by your very high levels of customer service, maturity and great attention to detail. Strengths as a team player, excellent natural interpersonal skills and computer literacy are essential, as is excellent experience co-ordinating relevant event suppliers, internal and external.
- Proven experience of delivering varied range of events (including dinners, lunches, special events)
- Excellent event logistics and co-ordination skills and experience
- Knowledge of the third sector and sporting world is highly advantageous
- Excellent communication and natural interpersonal skills
- Varied supplier liaison experience (internal and external) across all aspects of event hospitality, including venue, AV, catering, operations, entertainment, florists etc
- Experience of associated fund-raising admin eg tickets, auctions, prize management advantageous
- Experience of managing event budgets
- Confident, able to cope well and calmly under pressure, tactful and discrete
- Experience of delegating tasks/managing junior members of team
This is a really wonderful opportunity to work with a really passionate team, delivering excellent events for a really inspirational charity organisation and cause.
If your experience and aspirations match the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click the "Apply" now.