Senior UX Consultant
Reporting to Head of CX
We are Digital Change Agents®. So what does it mean? At BIO we go way beyond marketing. Instead we look at the whole business strategically, helping clients get ahead of their competitors by arming them with best-in-breed digital.
From service design to e-commerce and digital retail, we create experiences that are simple, seamless and intuitive, using cutting-edge technology, design, and CX. Ours is a unique approach. There’s no one else out there doing what we do and it’s a really exciting place to be.
We’re fast, fun and great to work for, with great offices and excellent benefits – all the usual stuff, plus a training and development programme, fun things like free Friday breakfasts and afternoon cocktails, and some really exciting extras we’ll tell you about further down the line.
We are looking for a Senior UX Consultant to join our talented CX team. You should have a real passion for CX and connecting the full service experience, not just looking at digital in silo. You’ll be creating both digital and non-digital interaction touchpoints that delight and inspire diverse audiences. You will have a strong track record of designing transformative customer experiences and applying user centred design thinking to multiple channels and devices, considering the end-to-end customer journey. You will also have experience in carrying out research and analysing insights through to concept creation and validation.
We believe the exchange of ideas among team members is the best route to great solutions. You’ll need great collaborative skills and to be able to communicate confidently to the team and the clients, always rationalising for both the customer and the business. We like people who are fun, smart and hardworking, who can adapt, work together and love what they do.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create quality work: You’ll be participating in all parts of the UCD process and creating deliverables at varying levels of fidelity. You’ll be gathering insight, validating concepts and creating outputs such as personas, customer journeys, blueprints, sitemaps, scamps/wireframes, prototypes and user testing reports. Project work may be pure CX, Service Design or a combination of both.
- Support others in the CX team: You’ll be mentoring/supporting junior and midweight CX consultants in the team. You’ll be contributing to teamwork, demonstrating openness to alternative suggestions in peer reviews and discussing ideas. We need someone who will never get tired of pushing work to be better.
- Engage with clients: You’ll be communicating directly with clients, running workshops, presenting work and advocating customer experience. You should feel more than comfortable running large workshops as well as conducting various forms of research and user testing.
- Involved in pitching: You may be involved in pitches, from carrying out research through to presenting.
- Collaborate with other teams: You’ll regularly be working closely with others from Strategy to Creative to Tech. We’d expect you to listen, share, learn from each other and bring customer insight to the table.
- Develop with the industry: We’d expect you to stay ahead of this ever-changing industry through reading articles/books, attending events and sharing learnings with the team.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- 5+ years in UX/CX/Service Design (with digital consultancy/agency experience)
- A portfolio showing end-to-end customer experience across multiple platforms (predominantly digital) inc. research, personas, customer journey maps, service blueprints, prototypes and customer validation
- Experience & understanding of various design processes including full UCD / lean / agile
- Capable of thinking at a conceptual level through to detailed and well rationalised micro-interactions
- Excellent verbal/written presentation and communication skills
- Able to manage client/stakeholders and skilled in balancing customer and business needs
- Proficient in prototyping (e.g. Axure, Invision, paper prototyping, etc.)
- Able to multitask and work collaboratively on multiple projects
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail and a smile
- See your job as more fun than work
If you want to apply for this role then please click "APPLY"