Digital Design Director
Reporting to Executive Creative Director
We are Digital Change Agents®. So what does it mean? At BIO we go way beyond marketing. Instead we look at the whole business strategically, helping clients get ahead of their competitors by arming them with best-in-breed digital.
From service design to e-commerce and digital retail, we create experiences that are simple, seamless and intuitive, using cutting-edge technology, design and CX. Ours is a unique approach. There’s no one else out there doing what we do and it’s a really exciting place to be.
We’re fast, fun and great to work for, with great offices and excellent benefits – all the usual stuff, plus a training and development programme, fun things like free Friday breakfasts and afternoon cocktails, and some really exciting extras we’ll tell you about further down the line.
The Bio Agency are seeking an exceptional hands-on Digital Design Director who lives and breathes digital innovation and who’s passionate about providing leadership and inspiration throughout the agency.
Harnessing all of their experience and enthusiasm, the Digital Design Director will be happy to wear many hats and be comfortable taking the creative lead on multiple projects with responsibility from initial briefing & inception right through to pixel perfect delivery.
A willingness and ability to champion inspiring digital innovation across the entire user journey through both their knowledge of digital processes and individual craft is necessary.
An essential part of the role for the Digital Design Director is using their passion & enthusiasm to help nurture and develop our talented team of designers ensuring The BIO Agency’s design output is always best in class.
The Digital Design Director will be extremely comfortable in a client-facing role, including new business and pitch situations, with an infectious enthusiasm to present work which will inspire clients and internal teams alike.
We’re looking for an individual who has a proven track record working within collaborative environments at coming to fast, iterative solutions through scamping, prototyping and designing for interaction and product design.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working closely with internal stakeholders the Design Director will be responsible for taking projects from brief through to delivery, working constructively with CX, developers, copywriters, account managers, producers and so on.
- Conceptualise ideas and take initiative on how best to communicate ideas by drawing scamps, producing storyboards, prototypes and so on
- Have a solid understanding on the CX process working closely with our CX Consultants to produce user centred designs
- Produce beautifully crafted pixel perfect designs
- Must be articulate in your thinking and have an infectious enthusiasm for presenting ideas to internal and client stakeholders of different levels.
- Inspire, lead and give direction to more junior members of the team
- Running and planning for collaborative client workshops
- Building and designing creative presentation decks for workshops and pitches
- Leading and managing digital processes within an agile environment
- Responsible for ensuring complex information is delivered & displayed in the most compelling & beautifully designed way
- Deliver world-class executions of innovative user interaction, interface and film design
- Work closely with our Creative Director & Video Creative to produce videos which tell a story bringing our creative ideas to life for pitches and internal use; develop ideas, concepts, storyboard, assist with pre-production, art direct on shoots & oversee post-production
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 7 plus years experience
- Ability to scamp & design to a high level is essential to communicate your ideas to a wider audience
- A passion for great ideas and beautiful design with a proven ability to create elegant solutions to complex problems
- Great client facing presentation skills.
- Experience mentoring, inspiring, leading & giving direction to junior team members
- An expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc)
- Understanding of motion and animation across film and interaction design. Programme knowledge in Adobe Animate, After Effects or prototyping software like Flinto, Principle or similar is very desirable.
- Solid understanding of film direction and leading film shoots from storyboard & production experienceSolid understanding of CX and user centred design methodology
- Natural ability to collaborate & build relationships genuinely & easily
If you want to apply for this role then please click "APPLY"