Media Manager – Direct Response
Bray Leino is a UK top 20 integrated communications group with energetic businesses spanning advertising, digital, 3D spaces, media, direct response, training and PR. More than 350 people work here across sites in Devon, Bristol and Chester, serving a wide range of national and international businesses.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Direct Response (DR) Media Manager to join the Media Department based in our North Devon or Bristol offices. You’ll be responsible for developing effective strategies that grow our client’s business and make them more profitable. As the agency DR media expert you will champion and promote the use of DR across the whole agency and will have a hunger to grow the agency’s DR business. This role offers fantastic career progression for the right person.
- Acting as the main client contact on all DR based business.
- Building trusted and credible relationships with all key client personnel
- Developing thorough understanding of clients’ business, products, markets and audiences.
- Able to understand and assimilate the brief and set media goals, objectives and KPI’s.
- Able to take sole responsibility for the development of the media strategy and proposals.
- Ability to develop detailed plans, utilising strong negotiating skills and experience to implement them.
- Develop and manage robust campaign reporting to drive learning and demonstrate effectiveness.
- Assess media and ROI performance in conjunction with the Head of Insight and Analytics.
- Work with account teams to ensure that media is integrated with creative and campaigns are executed well.
- Represent agency to media owners to improve understanding of and empathy with client needs.
- Check media owners’ deliver schedules in a timely manner and that activity meets planned requirements.
- Regular meetings with media owners to maintain and develop relationships, resolve any problems and gather market intelligence.
As the ideal candidate:
- You will have a strong depth of knowledge in all response media channels.
- An excellent understanding of planning from a CPA/CPR basis and be able to write compelling proposals to see in your recommendations.
- Experience and knowledge of indicative response rates by channel and media.
- Experienced print media negotiator (Display, inserts, advertorials).
- You are a strong communicator and able to develop good relationships with clients of all levels.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to relate results to the Clients’ business objectives, providing a basis for measurement of activities.
- Take a leading role in developing DR media new business
- You possess a strong drive to be proactive, have your own informed point of view and strive to deliver the highest quality of work in the most efficient way possible.
- Have full working knowledge of all software tools required to complete the role: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Brad, Mediatel, TGI (Choices), and Nielsen AdDynamix.
- You have good organisational & communication skills to work closely with the breadth of specialists & disciplines across the business
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service (not including Bank Holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Medical Cash Plan – including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
- Employee Discount Scheme – an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts at various shopping outlets
- Outstanding training and progression
- Childcare vouchers
- Refer A Friend scheme
- Regular staff social events
- Early Fridays finishes in the summer
- Company Christmas closure
- Long service award
- Cycle To Work scheme