Global sports organisation / club are searching for a Consumer PR Manager to lead on driving brand engagement.
Instantly recognisable, and the undisputed leading sports organisation within their industry, my client is the largest commercial business of their size, holding assets and a portfolio of grounds spread across the country. This includes; 15 of the UK's leading grounds, 5,000 acres of land within their estates as well as training facilities and other charity functions
A unique opportunity has arisen, in the shape of a newly created role as the business embarks on ambitious high growth plans.
As Consumer PR Manager you will report directly into the Group Communications Director and in this standalone role, the main objective will be storytelling, driving consumer PR coverage for the group and ensuring the groups messages reaches its existing consumer base and reaching new audiences.
Working in tandem with both the regional marketing team and the group wide marketing division, you will be based in the group's central London office, with extensive travel expected from time to time.
- Conceiving ideas, leading and Implementing Strategy for Consumer PR Campaigns and delivering these across relevant channels to inspire a wider consumer audience.
- Storytelling, deliver step-changing stories, content, competitions, promotions for high-end national / regional press, and a range of consumer slots and programmes within national/regional/local TV and radio broadcasters.
- Liaising with Marketing teams to support effective delivery of the group's communication messages
- Running the press office, both proactively and reactively. (Crisis Communications)
- Project Manage Press / Networking / Companywide Events
- External / Internal Stakeholder relations
This really is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for the next step in their career, to take ownership of the PR function and really make an impact in the Sporting world.
It goes without saying that to be considered for the role, you must have a passion for sports.
You will have 4+ years' experience as a PR professional, with a progressive career, coming from a similar brand or working for a reputable agency, with a consistent track record of delivering ROI for the business.
35- 50k, private health care, pension + excellent benefits on offer for the right candidate.
Travel will be expected and there is a travel allowance as part of the package.