Business Development Manager, EMEA (German and/or French Required)
Our client helps world leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions. They are the global standard in providing actionable intelligence to the public and private sectors, assessing issues that impact the marketplace for more than 200 countries.
This role, Business Development Manager based in London is to sell research-based consulting solutions encompassing public policy, macroeconomics, country risk, and geo-political analysis to Companies, Governments, Intergovernmental Organizations, Multilateral Institutions, Foundations and other Non-Profitable organizations in the German speaking and/or French markets . The ideal candidate will be a business development person with solid presentations skills, a good aptitude for international issues and a professional demeanour. The candidate will have experience in interacting with senior officials and mapping out key stakeholders within large organizations. Working closely with the company experts, the candidate will develop sales opportunities using a strategic and consultative approach. The candidate will be expected to exceed personal revenue targets while helping the team achieve overall goals.
Your Key Accountabilities
- Creating a qualified opportunity pipeline through relationship building, matching client needs with the client’s capabilities, and identifying project funding sources.
- Negotiate project budgets with clients and facilitate the negotiation of contract terms and conditions working with their legal team.
- Conduct business development activities (cold calls, face-to-face meetings).
- Identify and present to potential new accounts within the public and private sectors.
- Work closely with their consultants to ensure high-quality proposals and project implementation that exceeds promised deliverables.
- Closely monitor tenders from key client organizations; build relationships with decision-makers before and during the bid process
- Develop strategic partnerships with relevant external organizations and experts to facilitate pipeline development and increase closure rates.
- Work with the Global Commercial Director to develop, implement and adhere to personal business plan.
- Work with the Regional Consulting and Editorial Directors for EMEA to devise and implement regional strategy and objectives.
- Serve as client advocate for large engagements, acting as interface between the project team and client stakeholders.
- Work alongside Marketing and Consultant teams to create impactful collateral that presents the clients value proposition in an effective manner.
- Leverage reporting tools in salesforce, providing accurate perspective of current pipeline and overall activity levels.
- Keep up to date with the client’s portfolio and the competitive marketplace.
- Exceeding revenue targets and achieving monthly activity goals (calls, meetings, leads) within assigned account book.
- Evidence of expanding the client base, generating incremental revenue and developing repeat relationships.
- High quality management and servicing of core customer base.
- Maintaining the high quality and professional image in all communications and dealings with clients and prospects.
Skills and capabilities profile
- 4+ years experience with proven track record of selling strategic intelligence and evidenced-based research services to senior decision-makers within Corporations, Governments and Non-Profits.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong network amongst potential clients in the region, including multilateral, government and private sector.
- Specific sales and/or business development experience and network in Geneva, Germany and/or Africa.
- Proficiency in English & French and/or German is required