Senior Marketing Executive
Our client is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. They deliver their information through a range of formats, from print to conferences and electronic services. What ties them together is the objectivity of their opinion, the originality of their insight and their advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
This division is the leading global provider of conferences, training and research on cash management, treasury and risk. They provide a platform for treasurers and CFOs to exchange innovative strategies, best practice and expert opinion – either face-to-face or online.
This is a great opportunity as they are seeking an experienced degree educated B2B direct marketer to be based in their London office. In this role, the primary responsibility is to deliver revenue on conferences and training courses in Europe, North and Latin America by implementing effective marketing strategies. You will need to have a background in marketing in B2B event or publishing and be able to demonstrate a proven ability to improve ROI and a degree preferably but not essentially in marketing
In the role you would be expected to:
- Develop and execute integrated direct marketing campaigns for conferences, training and webinars courses around the world using direct mail, email, telesales, social media, online and offline advertising and PR.
- Track and measure the effectiveness of different promotions/channels to improve ROI
- Write engaging and targeted copy for all marketing materials. In particular, increasing open and click through rates on emails
- Manage the campaign marketing budgets and control marketing spend
- Identify and manage strategic partnerships with relevant media partners and associations
- Liaise with the delegate telesales team to maximise marketing efforts, including briefing, sharing of lists, lead generation and contact strategy
- Increase downloads and engagement with dedicated event apps
- Ensure all marketing activity goes out on time
- Support the Head of Marketing on the marketing campaign for the company's largest annual conference
Content, digital and social media marketing:
- Support the Head of Marketing with the ongoing development/ execution of a keyword-driven content marketing strategy to increase customer engagement, capture data and ultimately lead to delegate revenue
- Increase deliverability, open and click through rates on newsletter
- Execute, measure and report performance of social media and programmatic advertising campaigns
To succeed in the role you must have:
- Relevant degree, preferably in marketing, however anyone who's worked in event or publishing marketing would also suit.
- Solid experience of event/publishing marketing in a B2B environment
- Proven ability to measure and improve ROI
- Excellent English copywriting skills
- Sound knowledge of digital, social media and analytics
- Ability to deliver campaigns to agreed deadlines and within budget
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A creative mind-set and an eagerness to learn
- Good commercial acumen
- Good organisational skills
- Personal pride in producing output of high quality
- Experience in ROI
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience in measuring social media channels