Business Development Executive
Job Title: Business Development Executive
Location: Central London
Salary: £30,000 + Comms
Our client is at the forefront of the industry and continuously strives for success. They provide world-class content and innovative culture. Our client reaches 16 million UK consumers across over 70+ multiplatform brands. They are seeking a commercially focused Business Development Executive to work on a diverse portfolio of money, retail and travel.
This person needs to be able to delve into the detail and understand what sells to our readers and then seek new opportunities, delivering new business. They will need to understand the revenue targets and assist in delivering these.
This role would suit someone who is looking to work in a fast-paced environment. Building relationships is key as the individual will act as account manager for existing partners and suppliers and liaise with internal stakeholders to deliver offers on a weekly basis. They will also be pro-active in creating new initiatives that will help drive revenue.
- Commercial Opportunities & New Business
- Drive new business and seek out opportunities
- Integrate new partners into the business
- Upsell partners additional opportunities, push their marketing plans harder
- Be aware of revenue targets set and assist the team in achieving this
- Collate assets from existing partners for offers (copy, offer detail, imagery) and manage creative sign-off for offline and online, always looking for ways to work the marketing harder
- Create and implement marketing campaigns with a clear understanding of the relevant brands and partner objectives
- Upload and manage content on our websites with attention to detail. Ability to create and amend HTML pages and emails and have an understanding of CSS. Able to learn and use a new Content Management System
- Analysing activity to ensure optimum ROI
- Create clear and concise briefs for designers that communicate what we are trying to achieve
- Implementing digital activity which includes email marketing, CRM and online advertising
- Ensure all activity is invoiced and recorded, as well as costs (raising POs)
- Liaising with the editorial team to integrate activity with upcoming editorial
- To keep abreast of activity within the marketplace (e.g. competitors, industry issues, relevant programming/events) using this information to influence the marketing direction and ensure competitive advantage
- Commercially minded - experience of driving revenues and achieving targets
- Experience implementing marketing campaigns through off-the-page, email marketing, social media, DM and digital
- IT literate, understanding of responsive web design and email desired as well as use of Photoshop. Experience with Adestra and Litmus or other email service providers (ESPs)
- Pro-active in seeking new opportunities that will drive revenue
- Highly organized – must be detail orientated, able to multi-task, knows how to prioritise and anticipate issues
- Quick learner who is able to work independently
- Strong communicator. Builds rapport at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to constantly analyse activity and re-assess plans to ensure optimum ROI for all parties
- Team Player – works towards shared goal, supports the team, works together to get the best outcome
- Strong customer service values
- Hands on and flexible approach with a ‘Can do’ attitude and enthusiastic.