Systems Engineer, Digital Products - VOD, Manchester, sports
Systems Engineer, Digital Products - VOD, OTT, IPTV
This is an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to work with a specialising streaming company with offices round the globe and an impressive array of clients! A forward thinking, organisation that provides global digital media solutions, specialising in Streaming, webcasting events, VOD, etc.
The successful Systems Engineer will work within the systems team and the helpdesk team. He/she will also be intimately involved in providing support for all aspects of the company's systems.
- Support our clients existing products and platforms (Windows Based / Some basic Linux)
- Work as part of an on-call support rota
- Log items on our clients ticketing systems
- User support with Windows/Mac/Linux
- Using monitoring tools
Great to have knowledge/experience of the following:
- Windows Server ( 2003/2008 ) ( diagnosis / fault-finding )
- Liaison with clients and suppliers
- Active Directory, Exchange, IIS and other Microsoft based programs
- Desktop PC upgrades and deployments, including Windows XP and Windows 7
- Network services (DNS, WINS, DHCP etc.)
- Network switch, firewall and router configuration (Vlan, ACL, NAT, HSRP, VPN, Pfsense)
- Monitoring tools such Nagios, Cacti, Cattools, Graylog, AWS Cloudwatch
- VMware ESXI setup and management (ESXi 5.5, 6)
- VoIP setup and configuration, mainly Asterisk/Freepbx
- Basic Mysql or MSSQL knowledge
The following skills would be extremely beneficial:
- FMLE / Digital Rapids / FFMPEG
- Understanding of Streaming technologies ( RTMP/Streaming technologies /CDN )
- Hardware maintenance e.g. building workstations, installing rack mounted servers etc.
- Working in a data centre - Cable management / Racking / etc.
- Linux command line scripts and administration knowledge
- VMware ESXI basic knowledge
- CCNA or CCNP is extremely beneficial