Sales & Membership Manager
ABOUT THE CLIENT
An outstanding owner and operator of leading sports and leisure venues in the UK.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- To provide leadership to all team members and lead by an exceptional standard, exhibiting their values.
- To be fully conversant with and strictly adhere to all health and safety regulations, food safety regulations, as well as Brands Standards and the Company People Guide.
- Conduct bi-annual appraisals with your direct reports and hold monthly team meetings focusing on continuous improvement.
- Ensure all team members (regardless of department) are upholding all health and safety and food safety regulations and Brands Standards at all times. Also to apply corrective coaching where necessary with a “see it fix it approach”.
- Undertake Senior Manager on duty responsibilities including “open and close shifts”
- Contribute to the strategic decision making process for your venue; identify commercial opportunities and areas to strengthen cost control.
- Manage and maintain the integrated payroll system.
- To ensure all department rotas reflect operational requirements and optimum levels of guest service and engagement.
- Ensure the standards and cleanliness (including the presentation of all team members) are excellent at all times and in keeping with the company Brand Standards.
- Ensure that all team members are thoroughly updated and informed about all company information.
- Deliver targets and objectives set by your Line Manager.
- Continuously look for ways to improve the guest experience.
- To take responsibility for your department’s P&L performance, revenue and cost lines.
- Engage guests in the value of the membership.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- To work with the Corporate Sales Manager to cultivate new opportunities with ‘groups’, ‘corporates’ ‘The Academy’ and other B2B concerns.
- Present a sales plan for the year to your GM.
- Ensure the team receive appropriate coaching and training to improve conversion.
- Ensure the team are attaining and then exceeding their sales pad SOP’s aligned to continuous improvement.
- Apply focus to improve sales of higher yielding products.
- Liaise with the Online Marketing Manager to improve the reach and strength of strategic sales campaigns.
- Identify and propose incentive mechanics to support the sales team in exceeding their targets.
- Contribute to the overall marketing strategy through discussion with your GM.
- Encourage guest conversion into membership and improve the retention of these guests as members, implementing the membership strategy.
- Proven commercial experience and a track record of high performance in a similar single or multi-site business.
- Experience of budgetary control.
- Evidence of managing a high performing team.
- A clear communicator and professional operator with extremely high standards of expectation.
- Possesses a very committed and diligent working style, with excellent attention to detail.
- Exhibits strong judgement, drive and influencing skills.
- A level standard or equivalent
Able to demonstrate values:
- Lead by example in everything we do and have a passion for winning.
- Value and support our people.
- Open, honest and have exceptional standards.
- Believe in teamwork, together we’re stronger.
- Obsessed with providing an outstanding service for our guests.
- Always looking to improve our business, its revenue and its efficiency.
ABOUT THE OFFER
Competitive base, with excellent benefits & bonus opportunities.