Partnerships Senior Sales Executive
You’ll currently be a Sales or Senior Sales Executive for a consumer magazine or on-line brand, ideally already working within the partnership space and having experience of how to win these types of deals. Here you will be working on the most exciting and biggest media brand within its sector in the world, this job requires a Senior Sales Executive that can drive partnership revenues from core and non-core accounts. They will be equally as adept working with large media agencies as they are with direct clients, possessing an authoritative understanding of the print and digital media landscapes.
The candidate will work on the brand’s cross-platform business and drive incremental partnership revenues and demand for the brands media channels. They will work closely with the Partnerships Group Head and be the key contact point for a designated set of agency partnership teams. In addition they will also have an allocated agency and category patch to fully service for all types of business (display, advertorials, partnerships), so that they remain in touch regarding all advertising opportunities.
The current team consists of 7 direct staff and a number of supporting staff. This is a great fantastic opportunity to join this leading brand in a senior position on what is an extremely hard working, successful and focused team and contribute to a successful performance.
- To sell the full range of advertisements opportunities using an array of appropriate skills: entrepreneurialism, formal presentations, informal presentations, sales meetings and telephone sales.
- To become proficient, evangelize and be seen as an expert in commercial unique sales points: content creation, social media, video production, international reach.
- To negotiate the best possible rate for each transaction, using discretion within the parameters set out by your Advertising Director. To maximise display and advertorial volumes and yields.
- To keep regular contact with current, previous and potential advertisers and their advertising agencies within personal agency/category/client allocation.
- To account manage specific business areas to develop new print and digital revenues.
- To actively pitch for partnerships/cross media business, seek out proactive briefs and get close to contacts to ensure we create fresh advertising opportunities
- To develop non-display revenue streams in order to help facilitate their growth.
- To be responsible for and fully service an allocated group of agencies and clients.
- To be actively involved in team training sessions and meetings.
- To help the team with any administrative responsibilities, such as market share analysis, ensuring all leads are recorded and all bookings are on the system accurately.
- To monitor all appropriate competitive media for business leads.
- To develop a comprehensive knowledge of the titles’ markets, competitors and advertising clients.
- To develop a knowledge of marketing practices to understand the advertising goals of clients.
- To keep the The Advertising Director and Group Heads informed of business in hand and pipeline management (assessing level of current prospects, replenishing lapsed leads, identifying future business to be won).
- To consider added value opportunities available via display advertisers where there is a benefit to client relationship and business generation
- To achieve a minimum of 5 external meetings per week, agency and clients
- To liaise with internal departments (e.g. research, editorial, marketing etc.) to gain maximum information and co-operation to aid the sales process.
- To entertain clients and agencies (with hospitality budget guidelines) where this is advantageous to business.
- To be aware of and be involved in the role of the advertisement production department.
- To represent the company’s best interests at all times.
- Additional responsibilities may be added from time to time as part of a career development programme.
- You’ll be a Sales or Senior Sales Executive for a consumer magazine or on-line brand, ideally already working within the partnership space and having experience of how to win these types of deals.
- Someone that has a proven track record of beating targets and a great reputation within the industry. Someone that is a team player, hard-working and fast thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish good working relationships with clients, advertising agencies, colleagues and fellow team members.
- Empathy with the magazines’/brands subject matter, market sector and working environment.
- Equally confident in answering to prescriptive briefs or sparking fresh proactive ideas to win new business, exciting customers to want to work with the brand as a creative media owner.