Key Account Manager - Property Market
The Overall Purpose of the Role:
- To manage and develop revenue streams for your key accounts
- To contribute to the effective delivery of features, supplements and special projects.
- To actively seek new business opportunities and revenue streams
- To grow market share
- Managing the development of revenue by achieving agreed personal targets and preparing presentations
- Having a minimum of 6 meetings per week
- Delivering a minimum of 2 proposals per week
- Presenting and executing business proposals to a high standard
- Taking a proactive approach to lead sourcing in order to uncover new business opportunities
- Liaising with clients daily to discuss and identify their advertising requirements – devising an advertising campaign that meets their needs and budget
- Creating new business relationships whilst building rapport and growing existing business to increase revenue across the geographical area
- Driving, maintaining and developing business within the wider team
- Keeping up to date with market trends and competitor activity
- To carry out any other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time.
- Developing industry relationships to create future business development opportunities
- To ensure that the Company processes and policies in relation to revenue generation and representation in the Company accounts is accurate and appropriate in all circumstances, referring matters to the Finance Director, Financial Controller, Commercial Finance Manager and relevant CEO Direct Report whenever necessary.
- Adherence to all relevant HMRC and all other regulatory accounting principles.
- To adhere to the Company policies including the Anti-Bribery and Corruption policy.
Key Results Areas:
- Achievement of agreed sales targets.
- 6 face to face meetings per week
- Delivering a minimum 2 proposals a week
- Completion of administrative tasks including invoicing clients, compiling reports and using CRM systems
Personal Specifications and Competencies:
- Experience of consultative sales and have a professional manner
- Evidence of success in building and managing relationships with key decision makers at all levels
- Evidence of success in prioritising and dealing with high level sensitive information and enquiries and taking appropriate action on a regular basis.
- Organisational awareness with the ability to operate with confidence and credibility across all functions of the Company.
IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Powerpoint with the ability to create presentations.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to demonstrate an effective and resourceful approach to addressing issues.
Judgement and Analysis:
- A strong understanding of business and organisational risk and the ability to analyse situations and apply judgement on decisions.
- Awareness of the Company’s reputation, finance or legal position.
- Resourceful and purposeful, with initiative, drive and a strong desire to deliver exceptional results.
- A team player both internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Other Special Requirements:
- Media sales experience essential
- Ability to work in a team