Business Development Manager - Financial Markets
Our client is a dynamic, fast-growing company that delivers research, content and thought leadership campaigns to a wide range of blue-chip corporate clients. They are now recruiting a Business Development Manager to help drive growth with their clients, primarily those in the financial services industry.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will enjoy working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment. You will have experience of selling complex services or solutions to senior decision makers, ideally in the financial services sectors. You’ll combine excellent client-facing skills with a strong grasp of how brands use thought leadership research and content to achieve their marketing objectives. You will be a sales ‘hunter’ who relishes opening up new relationships with clients. You will help identify priority companies to target, develop relationships with senior executives, and manage the sales process from start to finish.
On their side, they'll back you up with editorial and research expertise, a compelling set of products and services, and a highly competitive salary, attractive commission scheme and benefits package.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a hunter – be able to demonstrate a successful track record in seeking out and qualifying new business opportunities.
- Utilise excellent organisational skills in order to generate leads and develop new business opportunities.
- Have strong consultative sales skills, uncover commercial opportunities and be able to close effectively.
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ sales experience in a relevant role/position
- Have a proven track record of selling thought leadership research & content solutions to senior B2B marketing & communication executives, ideally within the financial services sector; including major banks, asset management, investment banking and private wealth.
- Have a strong network of client contacts and influencers within one of our core sectors.
This encompasses the following points, although not necessarily limited to these:
- Meeting or exceeding monthly and annual sales targets.
- Identify priority companies to target and prospective customers within these organisations.
- Developing relationships and driving new business within the assigned sales territory.
- Managing the entire sales process for any given sales opportunity including but not limited to; contacting prospects, pitching our proposition, arranging meetings, writing proposals, negotiating fees and drawing up contracts.
- Using the CRM system to track progress for each client and manage the sales territory effectively.
- Giving accurate sales forecasts to the commercial director on a regular and timely basis.
- Collaborating with colleagues to ensure effective account management and client liaison—and helping ensure positive client feedback on projects, and thus repeat sales.
- Creating proposals, in collaboration with the editorial team, and pricing projects.