Senior Digital Designer/Art Director
Digital Art Director
Reporting to: Executive Creative Director
We are Digital Change Agents™. So what does it mean? At BIO we go way beyond marketing. Instead we look at the whole business strategically, helping clients get ahead of their competitors by arming them with best-in-breed digital.
From service design to e-commerce and digital retail, we create experiences that are simple, seamless and intuitive, using cutting-edge technology, design and CX. Ours is a unique approach. There’s no one else out there doing what we do and it’s a really exciting place to be.
We’re fast, fun and great to work for, with great offices and excellent benefits – all the usual stuff, plus a training and development programme, fun things like free Friday breakfasts and afternoon cocktails, and some really exciting extras we’ll tell you about further down the line.
The BIO Agency are seeking an exceptional hands-on Art Director with a genuine passion and enthusiasm for all the things digital
The Art Director role is an exciting opportunity to work alongside the Creative & Design Directors during the conceptual stage of development and take the lead on projects through the design process
Leading by example as an exceptional creative thinker they will be able to inspire, mentor and direct junior designers and freelancers
The Art Director will have an infectious enthusiasm giving them a natural flair for presenting, ability to build genuine client relationships and take others with them on a creative journey
- Take ownership of projects from brief through to delivery, working collaboratively with CX, developers, copywriters, accounts manages and strategists
- Always take the initiative on how to best communicate your ideas, by drawing scamps, producing storyboards, prototypes and so on
- Have a solid understanding on CX process working closely with our CX Consultants to create user centred designs
- Produce high quality & creative designs which bring complex ideas and information to life
- Meeting and liaising with clients to help identify their creative requirements and understand their strategic requirements
- Presenting, including at times, pitching ideas to internal & client stakeholders of varying levels
- Participating, and at times leading, collaborative client workshops
- Preparing presentations & documents
- Providing design and concept direction to junior designers and freelancers
- Leading and managing digital creative process within an agile environment
- Work closely with Creative Director & Video Creative to produce videos which bring our creative ideas to life for pitches and internal use: develop ideas, draft storyboards, assist with pre-production and oversee post-production
Key Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5 plus years experience (ideally within an agency environment)
- Ability to scamp & design to a high level in order to communicate your ideas to others
- Proven ability of creating elegant solutions to complex problems
- Good client facing presentation skills
- Experience leading & inspiring junior team members
- An excellent eye for detail that sits just on the right side of OCD
- A passion for design – not just websites
- An expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc)
- Understanding of video production process, including storyboarding is highly desirable
- An intuitive understanding of CX,UI, and site architecture
- Able to communicate with developers, engineers and internal stakeholders.