Associate Brand Manager Celebrity & Fashion (Print & Online)
Our client is a global brand that operates truly independently as a family business resulting in a very solid readership and circulation performance. They have continually outperformed the market in this area. The commercial and editorial teams work very closely and collaboratively together and the experienced sales team tend to work fairly autonomously.
In this position you will be responsible for maximising revenue and yield from a defined set of advertising agencies and client sectors. Responsibilities cover display & digital advertising; insert revenue, advertorial, sponsorship and creative solutions revenue; promotions; competitions and reader events. This is all in accordance with the goals set by the Commercial Director. Ideally you will have 2-3 years sales experience and have contacts with a selection of main west end advertising agencies. The role is across print and digital but print experience is preferable, if not essential!
Specific Client & Agency Sectors
- Day to day liaison with the Commercial Director on all issues relating to the agency and client set, identifying any areas of difficulty or success.
- Proactively set and attend meetings with sector clients within the allocated sectors, and regularly update them on your print and digital properties.
- Set and attend meetings with your allocated agencies for all accounts, and regularly update them on our clients print and digital properties.
- Total responsibility for bookings from an allocation of specific agencies.
- Ensure maximisation of revenue from each agency and client in the defined group responsible for bookings from the agency set.
- Responsibility for the implementation and management of agency ‘deals’ – and for updating their current status on a regular basis – ensuring these are met.
- Ensure that key sites are sold in advance, ensuring all anniversary guarantees are protected and to ensure maximisation of revenue.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the yield of the magazines and website are maintained along with the rest of the sales team.
- Daily maintenance of all bookings and options on the booking system for the Commercial Director, ensuring these are correctly attributed.
- Responsible for data capture: origination and on-going updates of all agency and client personnel within the defined groups, to allow for speedy and efficient direct mail initiatives.
- Ensure that volume, revenue and yield targets are met for all in-book and stand alone supplements.
- Responsible for the day to day updating of the insert booking and options system.
- Keep abreast of all client/agency specific industry news, and all trade press announcements relating to the client/agency set and updating mailing lists appropriately
- To aid the Commercial Director with the up to date and timely information for the weekly reports.
- Timely and relevant responses to all creative solutions briefs from agency and client set and follow up
- Day to day liaison with the Head of Insight in forthcoming client and agency presentations, ensuring these are originated in good time, and in accordance with the positioning of the magazines
- Liaisons with Commercial Director to ensure all outstanding billing queries are quickly resolved.
- General liaisons with the Editorial Department to ensure all editorial credits are made full advantage of with commercial results.
- A thorough understanding of industry research, and capability to present ‘best case’ figures to support any argument.
- Maintenance of up-to-date and correct records of all agency and client conversations.
- Maintenance of up-to-date bookings and options on the booking system.
- Adherence at all times to the Sales Policy, as set by the Publisher
- To act in a professional manner at all times, and provide ‘best practice’ to agency and client sector.
- Attend all industry functions as necessary