Senior Copywriter / half a creative team
Senior Creative Copywriter looking for a new partner to make a first class creative team!
1) Reporting directly into the Creative Director, the senior copywriter is pivotal to the agency's creative output. They will have the natural propensity to generate powerful ideas and tell stories imaginatively - through words that are compelling, motivating and that inspire a change in behaviour or action.
2) The successful candidate will understand intimately the tonality for all of the agency's key client brands, becoming an authority on the brand voice, learning what works and what doesn't, being able to evaluate precisely what works and what doesn't and articulate why.
3) They will lead by example by writing expertly crafted and well thought-through copy that delivers on-brand unexpected. Never clichéd, and always written right before it leaves the department. Accurate, fresh and true.
4) They will be eternally curious, put in the hard yards to understand the customer mind-set and dataset to inform the writing. And with the world at large, bringing that knowledge into the creative environment.
5) They will evangelise the art of copy, elevating the importance of the written and spoken word agency-wide and among key clients - with the ability to disseminate learnings and using best-in-class examples to illustrate excellence in copy craft.
6) They will inspire others in the art and craft of copy - adept at headline-writing, long and short copy and copywriting across a range of devices and channels, including email and mobile. They will inspire the juniors, and midweights, ready to support, feeding off their enthusiasm and sharing their own.
7) They will be a strong conceptualiser, putting ideas first, with a rounded sense of how remarkable creative is capable of enriching lives, transforming businesses and even impacting culture.
8) They will communicate articulately, remaining calm under pressure and acting as radiators, not drains. They will present their copy and ideas to agency and clients with verve and strong rational underpinning in the form of an 'inspiration' ahead of the idea.
9) They will manage upwards effectively, ensuring the CD and ECD are aware of all key developments and creative status, seeking support where necessary.
10) They will be part of a team, working with their partner, pushing their partner and making sure that both deliver best-in-class creative.