Associate Media Director
Bray Leino is a UK top 20 integrated communications group with energetic businesses spanning advertising, digital, 3D spaces, media, direct response, training and PR. More than 350 people work here across sites in Filleigh, Bristol, Barnstaple and Chester.
Bray Leino Media is a top ten media buying point outside of London and the largest in the S.W. region with Nielsen billings of approximately £32M spent by a wide range of national clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Media Director to join the Media Department in our Filleigh, North Devon office. You’ll develop effective media strategies that grow our clients’ business and make them more profitable. You’ll manage and co-ordinate the delivery of the strategy with the buying teams; TV, radio, OOH and Digital, along with leading a small team of media planners.
The role will offer the suitable candidate an opportunity to work on large national brands but away from big city life, with the countryside and beaches on your door step.
Client Facing Responsibilities:
- Key client facing media contact.
- Responsible for key agency FMCG and pharmaceutical clients.
- Develop thorough understanding of clients’ business, products, markets and audiences.
- Able to identify solutions to the client’s business challenges and able to understand and assimilate the brief.
- Set media goals and objectives.
- Confident to take sole responsibility for the development of the media communications strategy.
- Ability to develop the appropriate strategic or tactical solutions depending upon the briefed communications objectives.
- Work with account teams to ensure that media is integrated with creative and strategic outputs and campaigns are executed well.
- Lead and monitor all day-to-day media activities on the account.
- Develop and manage robust campaign reporting to drive learning and demonstrate effectiveness and ROI performance.
Media Department Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing, training and appraising a small team of media planners.
- Supplying financial forecast and budget updates to the Media Director.
- Responsibility for identifying creative and innovative bespoke media opportunities.
- Ensure the client receives the most competitive media rates available.
- Contribute to the improvement and knowledge of media communications planning within the agency.
Media Owner Facing Responsibilities:
- Represent agency to media owners to improve understanding of client needs.
- Ensure any media owner disputes or issues are resolved in a speedy manner.
- Regular meetings with media owners to maintain and develop relationships, resolve any problems and gather market intelligence.
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Able to lead new business tenders and pitches.
- Identify and develop media specific new business opportunities.
Key Experiences/Ideal Characteristics:
- Excellent understanding of all media channels both on and off line.
- Excellent understanding of the industry and all modern practices.
- Will be highly proactive, will have their own informed point of view and strive to deliver the highest quality of work in the most efficient way possible.
- Ability to lead a team and get the best out of them.
- Experience of developing strategic media proposals.
- Previous experience in negotiation would be desirable.
- Confidence and ability to build relationships with clients of all levels of seniority.
- Experienced presenter with strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to assimilate information quickly.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Ability to identify and develop commercial opportunities that build agency revenues.
- Have full working knowledge of all software tools required to complete the role: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Brad, Mediatel, TGI (Choices), and Nielsen AdDynamix.
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service (not including Bank Holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Medical Cash Plan – including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
- Employee Discount Scheme – an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts at various shopping outlets
- Outstanding training and progression
- Childcare vouchers
- Refer A Friend scheme
- Regular staff social events
- Early Fridays finishes in the summer
- Company Christmas closure
- Long service award
- Cycle to Work scheme