Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing
The membership body is a world-leading professional body, spread across a number of membership grades in the UK and abroad.
We are looking for a Head of Marketing to lead the development and delivery of the Institution's overall marketing strategy and online customer experience. The role provides support to a number of business units across the institution, covering membership growth, the training and events businesses, product development and the management and development of the digital channels and associated CRM platform. The Trustees have recently approved a significant three year investment in the digital capability, and the Head of Marketing is expected to be a significant contributor to the development of our future digital strategy.
Key responsibilities are:
- To develop segmented membership propositions for all membership grades, with clear value propositions linked to user need
- Devise and deliver the digital marketing strategy in support of business plan objectives across the business units
- Manage the curation and deployment of digital content for the Learned Society, ensuring the website, Institution News, social media and other member communications are informative, effective and engaging
- The use of digital analytics and other modelling tools to drive tactical delivery, creating integrated user journeys that are fully optimised for campaign conversion
- Lead the strategy and management of the brand, ensuring the Institution appears consistent in its visual identity and brand values.
- Managing the Marketing Team within the Marketing Operations Directorate, while working collaboratively with embedded marketers in other business units
To succeed in this role, you will need experience of:
- Leading a digital marketing function with responsibility for developing web, mobile, email and social media engagement and delivery
- Developing professional propositions and campaigns for growth and retention, with both individuals and employers
- Creating strategic and operational plans and then driving successful delivery through the management of both internal and external resources
- Working with internal and external IT development teams to create new digital services and to improve existing services
- Line management of a marketing team