Mid to Senior Python Developers
I am looking for a mid to senior Python developers to join my clients existing team and help them in the implementation and delivery of their products.
Ideally you will be opinionated in your tastes as to how you approach problems, but also open to ideas and have a pragmatic streak that helps deliver them.
My client is renowned for their innovative video-on-demand products.
They love developers who are willing to try something new, and there will be plenty of opportunity to widen your skills into other technologies. They have teams working on Smart TV, iOS, Android and other embedded platforms and regularly share knowledge and skills across a range of technologies irrespective of coding background.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Plan and architect projects and their technical solutions to a high standard.
- Support projects with Devops/Sysadmin expertise, setup of deployment and testing environments.
- Communicating with multi-disciplinary internal and external teams to ensure high quality project deliveries.
- Support more junior members of staff, assisting in their development (as individuals) and reviewing their code.
- Stay up to date with the latest technology developments and be prepared to present them internally and to clients.
- Python and well-known MVC frameworks Django and Flask
- Git in conjunction with github and git-flow
- Deploying projects using tools such as Jenkins
- Vagrant and Puppet/Chef
- Familiar with Debian/Ubuntu and the CLI
Would be great if you knew about these:
- Other linux distributions such as CentOS
- Front-end technologies (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Front-end frameworks and libraries (such as Grunt, SASS, Bootstrap)
- Caching systems and non-relational databases
- OVPs and Video players
The successful candidate will have links to any accounts on GitHub, BitBucket, etc and be able to talk through their code using a computer during the interview.