Business Development Manager
Can you excel in a business development role catering to a niche segment of the US fund management space?
My client is searching for an engaged sales, business development and account management professional to build and maintain relationships with existing and future clients at the top 400 US-based mutual funds.
The role’s main focus is to develop connections with and meet senior fund board members at US fund management firms, particularly chairs, and the C-level staff they work with, as they seek to provide them with a high-value annual membership offering that will give boards and affiliated professionals access to a series of information and monthly event products.
With memberships renewed annually they are looking for a sophisticated individual capable of building a genuine partnership with a demanding audience, someone able to travel to the US regularly and demonstrate an aptitude for maximizing the commercial potential of existing memberships and winning new business from the top 400 list and beyond.
The role will also involve working with, and researching, the key third-party vendors seeking to meet board members and sponsor a series of webinars and concentrated educational events, including private dinners and summits across the US.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To build/own relationships across fund boards and relevant members of the c-suite, particularly the CCO, at the top 400 US-based mutual fund management firms
- To maximise (and protect) our revenue opportunities from existing key accounts
- To be answerable and wholly responsible for targeting new accounts at the top 400 US-based mutual funds
- To lead/manage all of FD’s sales efforts to your key clients
- To deliver on quarterly sales targets both in revenue and increasing FD’s membership across the top 400 US-based mutual funds
- To build a relationship with users and fully understand their audience behavior and information needs, communicate this to your line manager and the wider FD team
- To be experts on each of there clients’ concerns and information needs, enabling them to provide client specific, and where appropriate, sector specific, services
- To research third party vendors interested in working with fund boards, pitch and manage their sponsorship of FD educational events
- To hit and regularly exceed event sponsorship revenue targets
- Attend all relevant internal and external meetings and events, travelling to the US frequently
- Substantial sales experience at a mid to senior level, within a client facing role
- A willingness to engage with clients and develop own leads, as well as working to an existing leads list
- Strong presentational experience and face-to-face sales expertise
- Experience delivering complex, nuanced messages.
- Experience of devising and implementing your own sales strategy and pipeline reporting
- A strong interest in, understanding the needs of members and ability to articulate the key attributes of Fund Directions information products
- A natural instinct for competitor analysis and the confidence and drive to work on and suggest new products that will enhance the brand
Please call Fraser at Media Contacts on 0207 359 8244 or you can email me at email@example.com detailing your suitability for this role.