Client Sales Manager - Sports!
Client Sales Manager - Sports!
£50k + commission
Calling all sports fans!
Our client is seeking an experienced sales manager to join its expanding team in central London. The Client Sales Manager will focus on acquiring new clients as well as growing existing client business. They are looking for a bright, articulate, high-energy sales professional with experience and a proven track record of selling display / video advertising & sponsorships.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial edge with an understanding of, or experience with, branded content and native ad formats that will allow them to quickly get up to speed on our products. This role report in to the Global Head of Client & Agencies and offers a competitive compensation, commission & stock option program.
- Exceed annual sales targets through client growth, retention and new business
- Develop a strong understanding of the clients’ business and create clear persuasive sales materials
- Establish relationships with the top 100 brands in football or targeting millennial males
- Generate a sustainable pipeline of insertion orders
- Convey client feedback to the sales / editorial / product team
- Hit or exceed monthly / quarterly sales targets
Key Performance Indicators
- Exceeding revenue targets
- Growing pipeline of business
- Credibility and relationships with key global clients
- Customer satisfaction at an account / campaign level
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
1) Essential Experience
You are a proven, strategic, consultative sales executive with relevant experience in digital marketing. You already have a large network of direct clients. You have highly developed communication, sales and negotiation skills coupled with a broad understanding of the media industry. You are passionate about digital and content marketing and football(!) - Digital Agency Contacts too!
2) Technical /Functional Skills
- At least 5 years digital sales experience with clients directly
- Experience working on multi-national / regional or global campaigns
- Understanding of and experience in selling premium display & video campaigns across desktop and mobile
- Experience negotiating, structuring, and closing complex six figure insertion orders
- Demonstrable presentation, communication sales & negotiation skills
- Ideally experience selling branded/sponsored content and/or social
3) Personal Attributes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity & provide clear direction in such circumstances
- Ability to be effective in start-up environment with high levels of autonomy
- Driven, ambitious & a clear ability to priorities & work to deadlines
- Passionate about digital / mobile / social and intellectually curious
- Passionate about football
Education to degree level preferable
About our client
Our client is the largest fan-driven media platform in online football, engaging millions of users across destination sites, mobile apps and social networks. Their content is created by thousands of dedicated contributors from around the globe using the richest content generation tools available in sports media.