Institutional Relations & Business Development Director, Madrid
Director De Relaciones Institucionales Y nuevo negocio, Institutional Relations & Business Development Director - Madrid
The Corporate Venture Capital division of our client is searching for qualified candidates specialised in identifying, developing, and maintaining corporate alliances, partnerships, and working-level relationships across diverse industry ecosystems.
This position drives all relationship building and related business-development efforts across the diverse and changing construction ecosystem ranging from established industry corporations, associations and non-profits, government agencies, start-up incubators, and new entrants from other industries including product manufacturers, logistics and supply chain managers, financial service providers, and high-tech.
Candidates should have extensive experience establishing formal and informal relationship channels and networks across multiple regions, leading to alternative revenue streams including existing asset repackaging and selling, new product development, and commercialization.
Candidates will be expected to work side-by-side with the Ventures leaders and insight generation functions to establish new information and data sharing relationships that both expose the Ventures to strategic influencers across the ecosystem, as well as keep a relevant pulse on the market, trends, and direction. The position will shape, communicate, and augment the value proposition for ecosystem partners and customers, ensuring consistency and alignment in what is being communicated and how.
Finally, the position will both draw and connect partners across the ecosystem, improving partner perception and promotion of the Corporate Venture as a leading source of insights, ideas, and resources to disrupt tomorrow's construction ecosystem
Desired Skills (ideal not essential)
- 10+ years in a corporate or business unit development role with programme management experience
- 7+ year developing corporate to corporate and corporate to mid-market / incubator / startup commercial relationships
- 5+ years developing commercial relationships for digital businesses (e.g., marketplaces, commerce, payments)
- Some experience in the construction ecosystem (e.g. city planning, internet of things, sustainable development, Project management, project finance, etc.)
- Experience standing-up a new entity or subsidiary for a parent company in a new geography or location
- Active speaker in high-profile forums centered on industry specific or cross-industry topics (e.g., World Economic Forum, Fast Company Innovation Festival, academic roundtables
- Spanish Speaking
- PhD or MsC desirable or Bachelor's Degree in business administration
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join a highly successful and progressive organisation which offers good career progression. The successful candidate will receive a salary between £100,000-£130,000 basic + a fantastic benefits package with up to £42,000 variable stock options.
Keywords: Digital Project Director, Digital Programme Manager, Client Relationships Manager, Networker, Incubator, Intuitional Relations Director, Relations Manager, Digital, Development, Construction, ecommerce, Design, Mobile, App, Fintech, Production, Spanish, Madrid