Event Manager - (in-house/corporate)
Prestigious wealth management company is looking for a creative and skilled Event Manager to join their marketing team, to develop, plan and execute portfolio of bespoke client events.
Highly regarded and prestigious wealth management company with a long and distinquished heritage. Their dynamic and forward thinking marketing team have created a new standalone role for an Event Manager to develop and deliver their events programme.
As Events Manager you'll work closely with the Partnerships Manager, and support the marketing department to develop, plan and execute a portfolio of events including bespoke client entertaining, seminars, networking and internal events. The department have 20 events lined up for 2017 and are looking for a star to support their management and execution. Size of events vary from 50 - 150 people and are mainly based in London although some limited UK travel will be required. The ideal candidate needs to be an excellent communicator that can manage stakeholders and budgets. Ideally creative and proactive you'll also work to develop 'events-in-a-box' that are sent out to regional offices to help them hold their own events. Future scope will involve more responsibility and the running of a major Symposium event in London in 2018. As an interesting aspect - this person will be able to develop a range of events with the potential to really shape the events programme of the future.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Liaise and consult with internal stakeholders on their event briefs and requirements
- Translate stakeholders' business objectives and commercial needs in to a strong portfolio of events.
- End-to-end event management to deliver flawless, high-quality events (including hi-end client events, client entertaining/hospitality, networking, seminars and thought leadership events)
- Work with the 'channel' leads to create 'events-in-a-box' to allow regional offices to replicate events and share investment insight
- Develop imaginative and cost effective event solutions
- Venue and supplier research, contract negotiation and management
- Budget preparation, monitoring and reporting
- Produce post event reports to measure and analyse effectiveness and ROI; propose quality and efficiencies improvements
- Stakeholder management
- Work with design agencies to create bespoke event collateral
- Work with the channel lead/internal communications manager to ensure all relevant parties are kept up to date and informed about the event
- Create internal documentation and guidance to support the management of events company-wide.
- Advise and support on regional office managed events.
- Understand of the wider marketing and business context of events and their objectives
Experience and skills required:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience working in corporate event management, at least some of which being client-side, ideally within the financial or professional services environment.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of planning and delivering high-quality corporate events including small and large scale receptions, seminars, internal events etc
- Experience managing stakeholders and translating their event briefs and objectives into a strong event portfolio
- Events, marketing or other relevant professional qualification would be beneficial
- Have the confidence and expertise to be able to advise and guide a wide range of stakeholders on what is needed to deliver a high-quality event.
- Comfortable with both strategic and operational tasks
- Strong communication skills, proactive and creative with strong influencing and communication skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this dynamic corporate team, a fantastic platform to utilise your event expertise and strategic understanding and shine as you deliver an impressive programme of events.
If your experience and aspirations match the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click the "Apply" button now.