Head of Communications and Marketing
Welwyn Garden City
Reporting to: Commercial Director
This organisation is at a unique point in its life cycle and is taking steps to move its operating model from the very traditional, to a more agile and customer focused approach to service delivery. This move is critical to ensuring longevity, and ensuring its services are evolving in line with the current and future market expectations.
The core product delivered is Research, and expertise supported by Learning and Development. This enables people and organisations to improve their skills and operate with a higher level of capability and safety. There is a clear vocational element to our work but also an important commercial opportunity and we need people to join the team that can help realise this value and balance the commercial with the charitable aspects of our work.
These roles are about delivering difference and new and improved services to a broad range of current and potential customers. The Head of Communications and Marketing will lead the innovation process in Communications and bring a fresh, creative and engaging approach to deliver a sustainable charity and enable positive commercial growth.
To take accountability for the whole communications strategy, managing this process from planning through to execution. You will lead this activity in all divisions of the operation and through all current and new commercial channels. Ensuring that there is a clear strategy unifying all activity, common objectives, messages and milestones internally and externally. You will bring together the communications and marketing functions to deliver revenue targets as outlined in the three year plan.
Other core accountabilities include:
- To drive detailed research into the current and potential customer base and to truly segment their marketplace to enable a more robust engagement strategy
- To create and implement innovative and effective communication strategies, across all social channels providing a new level of engagement with current and new customer communities
- To be the clear expert in the market for their specialist services and to create processes to embed this reputation
- To proactively lead the team who are the main point of contact for external media
- To devise and deliver the agreed annual and rolling marketing plan in line with business objectives. This will include planning the launch process for new products and services, improving customer acquisition. These will embrace both the retail and commercial divisions
- Being the clear source for thought leadership.
- You will be a professional and experienced Communications & Marketing leader with a minimum of five years’ experience working in a commercial, fast paced and ever changing environment
- You will have a reputation for excellence in delivery and also be a clear strategic thinker able to see opportunities to connect and maximise marketing activity
- You will have designed and delivered complex strategies through all channels externally and have the ability to simplify messages while maximising their impact
- You will be commercial in your approach and be able to evidence the value of activity you and the team have delivered
- You will have a relentless focus on results and improving the brand profile and visibility in the relevant markets
- A skilled influencer and manager you thrive in businesses which need change, creativity and efficiency.