Conference Producer - (Travel Industry Sector)
Are you an ambitious Content Producer ready for take off? Bored with the churn of your current role in an unstimulating sector? Then get on board with this leading Association within the travel industry sector looking for an experienced Conference Producer - this is your ticket to an exciting new role!
This leading Association within the travel sector are looking to significantly expand their commercial events offering - and are expanding their Conference and Events team to do this. A key addition is a new Conference Producer, to develop and deliver events, including new conferences, seminars and training - to research and develop topics, content and speakers for exciting event programme, and oversee event delivery - so some logistics thrown in too!
You'll be working in the expanding Conference and Events team - reporting into the Head of Conference and Events, and managing an Events Executive. The Conference Producer is a new and key role - you'll need to research content, identify and confirm relevant speakers, book venues, brief sales and marketing, source sponsorship leads and manage the budget for approx. 10 pay-to-attend events per annum. This will include new events relevant to the travel industry sector, which will need to be researched and thoroughly market tested. The Conference Producer will also act as the Association's liaison with the Agency that delivers their annual Convention, which is a large event for 500 travel industry leaders held abroad. The Convention will be a significant responsibility and will require excellent communication/stakeholder management skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Event content production - research new and exciting conference ideas, write commercially viable programme, identify and secure speakers, copywrite communications materials
- Market research travel sector, identify and invite senior-level speakers, write content and programmes
- Project management - brief and liaise with other internal teams - sales, marketing and sponsorship -throughout the project through to final event
- Event management - oversee logistical delivery of events, including agency management
- Management of speakers and sponsors
- Manage Event Executive, delegate tasks
- Budget management and reporting
- Administration - CRM database administration
You'll need a minimum of 2 years solid experience within conference production - a commercial events background would be ideal but association background will be considered as long as you are commercially minded and have done event research, including inviting and confirming speakers. Able to work well as part of a team, and also lead your projects with confidence. Proven research and content development skills, an interest and ideally experience within the travel sector, and excellent organisational skills are key attributes of the right candidate. Ideally you'll have a commercial events and/or Association background, and understand the role of marketing, sponsorship and sales within a commercial events environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience in conference production, including:
- Content/sector research
- writing programmes
- identifying senior level speakers
- Experience of having produced commercially successful events
- Ability to lead an event project team (operations, sales, marketing and sponsorship)
- Previous experience of delegating/mentoring or managing others
- Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of the travel industry would be great but not essential
- Experience and understanding of the needs and workings of membership associations
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills
- Copywriting ability, strong commercial awareness and negotiating skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your conference production experience to a more exciting and interesting sector! Be part of a growing events team, as they innovate and introduce and deliver a new and commercially successful event programme.
If your experience and passions match the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click "Apply" now.