Digital Product Manager
This is undoubtedly one of the most exciting career opportunities in product management within the automotive industry with a highly dynamic employer in a dominant market position and with excellent prospects for career progression.
Our client is the market leader in providing an unrivalled integrated range of services to automotive manufacturers, motor dealer groups, rental, fleet, leasing and finance companies across the UK and Europe.
The company has a large range of products that constitute its full market proposition and with the continued growth of the business, both organically and by acquisition, there is a desire to take their approach to Product Management to a new level.
ABOUT THE DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGER ROLE
As the Digital Product Manager you will be responsible for developing and executing the Product Management process across a portfolio of the company’s key products including many that are both innovative and cutting edge.
You will ensure that the long-term development and evolution of your products are planned and executed via a rigorous process of research, consultation, collaboration and engagement with all interested parties, with a clear view to the 3-year horizon. You’ll work closely with a number of business functions including Operations, Sales, Marketing, IT, Legal and others as required and you’ll take them with you on the journey to produce a cohesive Product Strategy. You will also work with an off-shore development team.
As the Digital Product Manager you’ll spearhead the Product Management initiative at a Group level and will be given the mandate to do so. You will articulate Product vision and Product Roadmaps in a coherent manner up to Board Level, along with the business cases that support them.
- You’ll create the Product Management Playbook/Operating Model including:
- A clear Product Management Process including Product Lifecycle
- Product Communication Plans, both internal and customer-facing
- Stakeholder Appointment to Product Working Groups
- Roadmap Creation and Management
- Managing the development scope and requirements with internal Business Analysts
- Taking prioritisation decisions based on the business guidelines
- Creating differentiated propositions supported by credible business cases.
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders in Operations, Sales, Finance, IT, Legal and others as
- required, you’ll execute that model across a number of key products.
You have a strong background in Digital Product Management throughout the product lifecycle and will have taken a number of products from inception, through initial delivery, evolution and eventually, to retirement.
You are skilled in articulating Product Vision and Product Roadmaps in a coherent manner up to Board Level, along with the business cases that support them.
You also have a reputation for being customer obsessed, known for placing customer needs at the heart of the Product Management process and able to continuously balance this with the needs of a large, complex, international business.
You are a driven and results-oriented individual with a positive outlook and a focus on the delivery of tangible customer, and therefore business, value.
In summary you have:
- Demonstrable experience in product development within an Agile development methodology.
- Experience of new product definition to achieve business expectations
- Track record of working with a remote development team
- Expert Communication Skills
- Expert Influencing and Facilitation Skills
- Substantial experience in conducting research both within a business and with its customers
- and competitors
- Ability to present evidence-based recommendations at the highest level
- Technologically adept
- Experience in P&L ownership
- Enthusiastic and driven with a desire to succeed
In addition, experience in the automotive industry and/or in consulting would be both relevant and advantageous.