Senior Data Scientist
Are you an entrepreneurial Senior Data Scientist who is looking for their next challenge? Are you looking to have the opportunity to mould your role and team? We have a unique opportunity of being the first data scientist within the organisation and lead and grow the team.
The business is a qualitative agency who work with huge multinational companies with a whole host of information and they are looking for a data scientist to add business insights from the wealth of information to build more robust recommendations for clients. Their belief is getting this sort of information will build unrivalled insights when mixed with the qualitative side of the business. You would help head this co-operation up.
The company is around 150 around the world, working with some of the biggest FMCG and tech clients in the world with offices around the globe.
You will be involved in a wide range of analytical project activities: from requirements gathering through data modelling and processing; carrying out segmentation or building predictive models; performing deep insight; presenting findings to stakeholders and building reusable data products through close collaboration with the relevant data engineering teams.
You could have a background in data sciences, consulting, computer science, customer insight or elsewhere, but you will be passionate about turning large volumes of data into actionable insight and have the blend of commercial and technical skills required to do so.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Maths, statistics or other numerate subject (2:1 or above)
- Ability to deliver analytical projects - modelling, interpretation and presentation. This includes close collaboration with team members and helping manage the expectations of colleagues and clients.
- Strong SQL skills. Familiarity with other analytical software (SAS, Python etc) & cloud computing would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to tell stories with data, including the ability to manipulate data and present findings effectively
- Advanced experience of the R programming language. Experience with developing web applications using the Shiny framework is highly desirable.
- Capacity to innovate and think creatively with data and to understand what is - and what is not - possible with any data set.
If this challenge sounds like something you are looking for then apply below