Audience Team Leader – Marketing Operations
Twickenham, London (Greater)
|Business Type - Media Owner|
|Sector - B2B, Online|
|Specialism - Data & Analysis, Project Management|
|Salary - Dependent on experience|
Twickenham, London (Greater)
Business Type - Media Owner
Sector - B2B, Online
Specialism - Data & Analysis, Project Management
Salary - Dependent on experience
You are an accomplished campaign exec, a proficient user of data selection and email tools, ready to take the next step. You want the broad opportunities provided by a global business combined with the camaraderie of a close knit team. Apply now!
Haymarket Media Group are the largest independent, specialist, international, global media company producing a host of market leading consumer and business to business magazines, websites and events. Our marketing operations department provides operational support to marketing staff across the business, ensuring our marketing activity is executed to the highest standards. We are a busy department so ability to juggle prioritise, thrive under pressure and still be smiling is key.
As Audience Team Leader you will be responsible for a portfolio of Haymarket brands leading a small team in planning and organising their work to ensure that a first class marketing campaign management service is provided to the business. You will ensure that the team work proactively with their customers to understand their objectives, providing insight and ensuring all campaign, analysis and reporting requests are executed accurately and on time.
Managing team resource to support day to day activities, you will also focus on more complex campaign and analysis requests, working closely with senior marketing staff to define and fulfil their audience needs and leading improvement initiatives which enhance the service we offer.
- Work proactively with marketing users across all departments to gain in-depth understanding of their business objectives, campaign management and data needs.
- Provide insight and support marketing users in understanding meaning and best use of data, to encourage a more data-driven approach, maximize the potential of the marketing database and increase the impact of database marketing activities.
- Manage team workload to ensure that all campaign requests are executed seamlessly and customer expectations are managed effectively.
- Act as the superuser for marketing technologies, optimizing the use of functionality and taking the lead on establishing segmentation that aligns with business objectives
- Become the expert on all aspects of audience data for the brands you work with within your team.
- Assist team members with more complex campaigns, including complex segmentation and automation.
- Set and agree clear expectations and measurements for your team (SLAs, KPIs) and direct report’s performance; regularly appraise staff on a formal and ongoing basis through setting and reviewing of objectives.
- Identify and provide any required on the job training for team members.
- Advise on audience development and data capture, liaising with external suppliers to provide briefs for data verification and acquisition based on business requirements, managing to agreed budgets.
- Provide campaign backup and support assisting, when required, with business as usual data selections, email campaign set-up, testing, deployment and reporting.
- Confident and self-motivated team leader with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Must be detail-oriented, deadline driven with strong planning and multitasking skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good time and project management skills.
- Strong numeracy – accurate, methodical and analytical approach.
- Able to influence others and bring people together to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and build strong working relationships with internal customers.
General Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Proven experience managing conflicting priorities, scheduling team workloads and effectively managing customer expectations.
- Previous experience working in a similar role in audience development or marketing/data operations.
- Media/ publishing background desirable but not essential.
Required Education and Experience:
- Highly data literate with experience of interpreting data briefs and writing data selections.
- Excellent general technical ability, intermediate Excel skills e.g vlookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Previous experience using SQL driven analytics tools like Alterian, Faststats, Set Analysis/Business Objects, Epiphany.
- Previous experience using an Email Service Provider (ESP).
About Haymarket Media Group
Whether you’re looking to start a career in media or you already have first hand experience working in the media industry, why not come and join this influential media company with an outstanding history of success and a future full of growth