Divisional Commercial Director
Our client is one of the UK's largest food manufacturing groups. They are seeking a highly experienced commercial individual to lead the most diverse area of their business.
Strategic leadership and development of the integrated commercial development function to cover insight, innovation, category management, product development and sales for sustainable sales growth across the business.
- Leadership and contribution to the strategic direction of the division as part of the Exec team
- Work with the MD operations for solid governance around product
- Acting as ambassador for the division and group
- Ensure the delivery of market leading innovation and product for market and consumer need
- Lead best in class category management and activation for sales growth and customer relationship strength
- Ensure a solid business development pipeline
- Organisational design and structure for increased effectiveness
The role is accountable to the divisional MD and has authority for customer issues and decisions, terms, pricing, promotion and expenditure within budget.
This is a substantial role suited to an experienced and high caliber commercial director. Experience of leading large multi-site organisations would be relevant as would knowledge of an operationally led business.
Background in FMCG, specifically food, is a likely component of the right candidates background - perhaps with a mix of corporate branded experience alongside own label chilled/prepared or high pace organisations.
This is a exceptionally appealing role for a strong individual with aspirations to continue onto MD level within a major PLC.