Media Sales Manager “Business Development Team”
Our client is a company with TV Channels, Live Events, Radio, Music a Touring Business and Digital Platforms; they are a true 'Media Entertainment Business'. They like to think that working at for them is not just a job – it’s an experience and they’re obsessed about the detail in everything they do and most of all, they’re proud to be known for employing some of the best talent in the industry.
The selected Media Manager will be working in a very dynamic team, fully responsible for delivering individual target to an overall team target each month. The Business Development Team work across Clients, Development Agencies, PR Agencies and Digital Agencies, so identifying the right approach and opportunities for these areas is vital.
What you’ll be doing…
- You’ll know your local market, so will be spotting opportunities and generating appointments to win new business.
- You'll identify the real needs of each client and will come up with ideas to grow their business using the great tools and insight they give you.
- Understanding your clients is critical for you to develop long-term relationships to keep them coming back.
- You’ll work with a great back up team, putting together creative pitches using the latest technology to wow your clients with the full range of our products from on air and online ads to sponsorships and promotions.
- It’ll then be down to you to negotiate the right deal for both the client and us.
- And finally you’ll get the campaign up and running with support from the team
Can you tick all of these boxes?
- Sales experience, preferably in media.
- Having a strong understanding and being on top of all parts of the business, Broadcast, Live, Digital & Social
- A love of hitting targets, every month.
- Tech savvy, they have the latest technology that they’ll make sure you can use, but it would be great if you have Apple and saleforce.com knowledge already.
- Brilliant organising skills so you get the most from your day.
- Being good at listening and being just as good at asking questions to help clients think bigger
- Spotting opportunities, and doing something about them.
- Able to keep yourself motivated, and be able to work within the team culture
- Being obsessive about the detail.
- This role requires an experienced sales person who understands the area of business they operate in. This is a challenging role with the ideal person needing to provide strong Media and Market knowledge and a proactive approach to generating revenue.
- Consistently achieving Global revenue targets by improving the skills and having a strategy in place that demonstrates proactivity, ambition and creativity.
- You need to have a creative approach to working and solving problems, someone who has the initiative to try something new and not afraid to stretch themselves in pursuit of improving their performance
- Goal orientated and target driven is key. Being able to identify the revenue challenges before they happen, setting goals and creating new opportunities to drive revenue and performance
- Able to work within teams across the business
- You need to be a team player