National Account Manager
A vacancy for a National Account Manager (NAM) has arisen with this leading, global producer with of high quality food products. With over 120 years' experience and a portfolio of well-known, iconic household and category leading brands, the group continues to expand and acquire new brands and wish to further expand into Europe.
After a recent team member's departure, the sales team has taken the opportunity to restructure and refocus the role to manage the business relationship with Tesco / Asda & the Discounter channel. The core focus of the role will be to reinvigorate the category, build strong business relationships and drive long term sustainable growth.
Main responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Customer relationship management through selling and negotiation
- Cost price negotiation and Joint Business Planning experience
- Customer forecasting (S&OP)
- Trade investment & price file management
- Promotion Planning and ROI.
- Application of category management principles.
- Strong track record of results in a customer facing role within an FMCG business.
- Working relationship with either Tesco and ASDA and a clear understanding of the discounter channel.
- Experienced national brand ambassador & working knowledge of private brand portfolio.
- Can demonstrate cross functional collaborative partnerships that deliver against business objectives.
- Engaging and positive influencing style to gain buy in from internal and external contacts.
- Self-starter, motivated and adaptable.
The role is assumed to be home based, ideally in reasonable commuting distance to the head office in London. On offer is a challenging role working across several leading brands where you will have the freedom to manage and develop your own accounts and be part of continual growth. In addition to this is a generous benefits package including car allowance, 15% bonus and 8% employers pension contribution.