A rare and exciting opportunity for a talented senior graphic designer to join a successful media company.
Our client supports a global client base with print and digital publishing, video production, marketing, PR and event coordination.
For more than a decade, this company has produced high-quality official media products for major organisations and events.
The values underlying the company culture reflect the people who work for them and give their talent free rein, and it is no coincidence that each year they win hundreds of new clients globally.
We require a strong senior graphic designer with experience in both print and digital design. The designer would be required to work on high-quality publications for prestigious brands and major national events, and be required to produce smaller-format printed materials, online content and e-publications. Experience in branding and logo design would also be advantageous.
The senior graphic designer’s main responsibilities are as follows:
• report to the Head of Creative and Head of Editorial, or to other managers/directors depending on the assignment
• accept and action design briefs from senior team members
• take the lead on graphic design for publishing projects, from concept to completion
• work on bespoke contract titles for both existing and prospective clients
• develop design templates for books and eBooks
• design attractive book covers that immediately engage target readerships and sell the product
• design editorial and advertorial content (in high volume) to a set template over a period of several months
• work with the commercial team to create marketing/sales media packs that set the tone of a project
• layout business proposals written by the commercial team
• design promotional material for launch events
• design ad hoc materials that might include print advertisements to sell books or digital banners that might appear in emails or social media feeds to promote publications, campaigns or events
• assist the Head of Creative with branding and logos for certain projects
• work closely with the editorial team to make sure all content is ready, designed and approved within the deadline
• check image quality and retouch where necessary
• handle detailed artworking, create print-ready PDFs and check proofs before press
• work alongside the Head of Creative to ensure all projects are produced to the highest standard.
Essential skills and experience
The suitable candidate would be ambitious, creative and capable of working autonomously. Specifically, he/she would require:
• an advanced knowledge of Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• at least five years’ experience working on high-end books and print publications
• an intuitive understanding of the design styles that appeal to different audiences
• a very strong typographic eye with meticulous attention to detail
• a good knowledge of fonts and which families complement one another
• digital design experience
• the ability to work well under pressure and to manage his/her own workload
• the ability to sustain enthusiasm and work to a consistently high standard throughout the course of a long-lead project
• the ability to work as part of a team
• experience in writing print specifications as well as working with printers, web developers and other external suppliers
• the ability to take and give direction on projects
• the ability to represent the company at client meetings and events.
In addition to the skills and experience outlined above, the suitable candidate would ideally have:
• custom publishing experience
• experience in branding and logo design
• an understanding of web design and web-build processes
• good written communication skills.
Apply for Graphic Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly