Relationship Manager Sales
As Relationship Manager of this leading brand you will be responsible for all revenue streams including client research and content marketing, and working with the editorial and digital teams to devise and sell bespoke print and digital solutions – focussing solely on service provider and industry association clients. You will combine highly-developed client relationship skills with business development and project management experience.
You will play a significant role supporting the Group Head of Sales in making a significant contribution to the delivery of budgeted revenues. You will be involved in all aspects of sponsorship acquisition and sales, which will include sourcing new sponsors, and building on upon existing relationships.
The role is focused on the delivery of budgeted and incremental revenues from the brand’s service provider and industry association clients, with significant personal accountability for sales. Underpinning the revenue development, the Relationship Manager will work to refine existing sponsorship propositions, taking an holistic, to ensure optimal delivery. There is also significant scope to devise new propositions, developing appropriate business plans for the approval of the Group Head of Sales, before delivering to the market. This will entail significant, high-level contact with key clients and internal consultation with relevant parts of the teams.
- Evidence of a clear and structured approach to each client liaison
- Maximise efforts to ensure budgets are consistently achieved and, where possible, exceeded
- Ensure KPIs are achieved across all areas of responsibility
- Sourcing and development of new business opportunities
- Management of existing accounts as directed by the Group Head of Sales
- Ensure all media solutions are sold at optimum yields
- Maintain a good understanding of the brand USPs and products available to sell across the brand portfolio and across all platforms
- Be proactive in bringing relevant sales, digital and/or editorial colleagues into discussions where a potential deal extends into their patch or expertise
- Demonstration of a clear written sales plan to engage with relevant contacts. Likely opportunities, and to highlight where editorial support is needed
- Demonstration of account intelligence through reading of the publication/website competition media, associated websites and following any social media feeds e.g. Twitter accounts.
- Management of sales administration to include regular updates of Salesforce to ensure data is accurate and up to date
- Timely booking of orders and close management of the sales ledger, to include chasing of signed confirmations
- Weekly communication to broader sales team in weekly meetings
- Monitoring of competitor activity to communicate back to the team
- Excellent management of prospects and pipeline
- Apply a phone first approach
- Regular reporting to the Group Head of Sales on current and future trading to include elements such as YOY performance across paid content and individual clients with a future look pipeline/likely outcome for other periods. This should demonstrate contingency plans against likely period deficits.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in B2B sales
- Knowledge around sponsorship deals
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- First rate customer service
- Commercially astute
- Demonstrable experience of meeting targets
- Team player
Apply for Relationship Manager Sales
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly