Area Sales Manager - PistonHeads & WhatCar?
|Business Type - Media Owner|
|Sector - Automotive, B2C|
|Specialism - Account Management, Sales & Business Development|
|Salary - Dependent on experience|
Business Type - Media Owner
Sector - Automotive, B2C
Specialism - Account Management, Sales & Business Development
Salary - Dependent on experience
PistonHeads and WhatCar? are seeking an experienced Sales Manager for South England to fast track the growth of our Haymarket classified marketplace offering in the competitive automotive market for the UK and in key overseas markets.
PistonHeads is the leading automotive community in Europe and the second biggest motoring site in the UK with leading positions in the premium and enthusiast car segments.
WhatCar? is the number 1 destination for in market new car buyers and we want to take the new car platform to the next level.
You will be expected to lead, drive and inspire your team to maximise digital revenue opportunities, develop new ideas and understand your audience in order to strategically plan and strengthen the product and sales proposition. Your line manager will be the Executive Director of PistonHeads.
You will be responsible for:
• Fast tracking market share of revenue and customers from the automotive market (cars, bikes, parts and lifestyle)
o Rapid development of our automotive top 200 dealer group penetration
o Fast tracking growth of the franchise market place
• Over delivery of budgeted revenue and contribution targets
• Building the leading sales delivery and customer experience culture vs. the competitive set
• People management; including structure, recruitment, training and development
• Taking a leading role in sales to major/key clients and building our trade brand through excellent senior executive relationships through active trade event engagements and significant client hospitality
• Creating and continually optimising the most effective sales structure and strategy
• Implementing best practice using your experience and market/digital trends to drive yields, revenues, improved reporting and effective analysis
• Developing dealer customer tools and their product experience
• Forecasting of monthly, quarterly and annual revenues
• Gaining competitor advantage and brand recognition
This is a role which requires someone who:
• Must be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the automotive market, and have strong relationships with senior industry executives
• Have proven best in class experience of building digital teams both telesales and business development
• Experience of sales planning, implementation and execution
• Posses strong digital sales skills and knowledge
• Well-organised and meticulous in planning and reporting
• Able to identify new opportunities and be able to react quickly taking into account and forecasting what our competitors are doing.
• Able to lead from the front and play a prominent role with clients. Role requires significant travel, and evening / weekend client relationship building.
• Strong presentation and client relationship skills
• Able to report to board level.
About Haymarket Media Group
Whether you’re looking to start a career in media or you already have first hand experience working in the media industry, why not come and join this influential media company with an outstanding history of success and a future full of growth
Apply for Area Sales Manager - PistonHeads & WhatCar?
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly