Bray Leino is a UK top 20 integrated communications group with energetic businesses spanning advertising, media, digital, 3D spaces, direct response, training and PR. More than 350 people work across our four sites. Bray Leino Media is a top ten media buying point outside of London and the largest in the S.W. region with Nielsen billings of approximately £32M spent by a wide range of national clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Press Planner/Buyer to join the Media Department in our North Devon office. You’ll be responsible for centrally negotiating the Agency’s press spend and be familiar with all of the major publishing houses.
You will also have some experience in media planning, either Direct Response or brand campaigns across both offline and possibly online media, you can run and co-ordinate client accounts and manage the delivery of the strategy.
Media Buying Responsibilities:
- Act as our leading print media planner and buyer.
- Negotiate and deliver excellent, market beating print buying rates.
- Identifying creative and innovative bespoke media opportunities.
- Plan and negotiate creative cross media partnerships.
- Supplying financial forecast and budget updates to the Media Director.
- Keep the whole department up to date with issues, trends and research data affecting the print market.
- Recognised by media owners as the main agency representative.
- Regular meetings with media owners to maintain and develop strong working relationships, resolve any problems and gather market intelligence.
- Brief media owners to improve understanding of client needs.
- Be the first point of contact for short term press space.
- Ensure that campaigns have run as agreed and any media owner disputes or issues are resolved in a speedy manner.
- Report on the delivery of campaigns.
Media Planning & Client Responsibilities:
- A key client facing media contact.
- Develop thorough understanding of client business, products, markets and audiences.
- Able to identify solutions to the client’s business challenges and able to understand and assimilate the brief.
- Set media goals and objectives.
- Ability to develop the appropriate strategic or tactical solutions depending upon the briefed communications objectives.
- Confident to take responsibility for the development of the media plan.
- Work with account teams to ensure that media is integrated with creative and strategic outputs and campaigns are executed well.
- Lead and monitor all day-to-day media activities on the account.
- Develop and manage robust campaign reporting to drive learning and demonstrate effectiveness and ROI performance.
- Able to work on and support new business tenders and pitches.
Key Experiences/Ideal Characteristics:
- Possess an excellent understanding of all media channels but particularly print.
- Experience in planning and negotiating print campaigns is essential.
- Previous experience in planning other media would be desirable.
- Excellent understanding of the industry and all modern practices.
- Will be highly proactive, will have their own informed point of view and strive to deliver the highest quality of work in the most efficient way possible.
- Confidence and ability to build relationships with clients of all levels of seniority.
- Experienced presenter with strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to assimilate information quickly.
- A tenacious and assertive negotiator.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Ability to identify and develop commercial opportunities that build agency revenues.
- Have full working knowledge of all software tools required to complete the role: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Brad, Mediatel, TGI (Choices), and Nielsen AdDynamix.
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service (not including Bank Holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Medical Cash Plan – including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
- Employee Discount Scheme – an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts at various shopping outlets
- Outstanding training and progression
- Childcare vouchers
- Refer A Friend scheme
- Regular staff social events
- Early Fridays finishes in the summer
- Company Christmas closure
- Long service award
- Cycle to Work scheme
The role will offer the suitable candidate an opportunity to work on large national brands but away from big city life, with the countryside and beaches on the door step!