Cross Media Sales Executive
We are looking for a Cross-Media Sales Executive with “Green Fingers” or a true love of Gardening and garden leisure . You will have the core objective to develop and grow revenue potential of new and existing advertisers through the effective management of an agency and client portfolio. The position covers every aspect of this portfolio and provides an opportunity to sell across a variety of revenue streams (creative solutions, digital, display, direct marketing).
- To demonstrate a broad knowledge of the market and have a sound understanding of trends
- To comprehend, interpret and present sales data to maximise advertising potential
- To fully articulate the client’s proposition and its relevance to advertisers
- To effectively utilise the Insight team according to need
Personal agency portfolio
- To pro-actively sell the Portfolio proposition in to agencies and clients at every opportunity
- To effectively manage all personal agency/client portfolio through a fully integrated strategy
- To have active relationships with all key contacts across portfolio including key press buying and planning agency team contacts
- To have knowledge of previous, current and future activity for each agency across all revenue streams
- To have specific, measurable performance improvement targets/goals for new, existing and lapsed advertisers as agreed with Group Ad Manager
- To effectively adapt selling technique according to market conditions
- To ensure that all competitor leads are chased and followed up at all times
- To attend a minimum of 5 external meetings per week
- To effectively negotiate the best rate possible for every piece of business maximising yield
- To effectively manage all deals to maximise revenue and share
- To help identify and create client led deal opportunities
- To effectively negotiate multiple title and website campaigns
- To create and present effective pitches showcasing the portfolios potential to maximum effect
- To confidently present on both a 1:1 basis or within a group
- To effectively utilise Insight in preparation for all meetings and in all presentations
- To ensure all titles and platforms are fully considered and where appropriate included in all pitches
Drive for Results
- Can be counted on to exceed goals and targets successfully; consistently pushing yourself and your team to achieve goals and plans. Proactive and self motivated. Hungry to prove yourself and be successful.
- Bright and intelligent; comfortably deals with concepts and complexity; sharp, capable and agile; keen to lean and develop; learns quickly and enjoys the challenge of new things; experiments for solutions.
- Dedicated to meeting expectations; acts with the customer in mind; establishes good relationships; gains trust and respect.
- Able to work in a fast paced, self directed, entrepreneurial environment; full of energy for challenges; seizes opportunities.
- Display sales experience in a b2c magazine company a must
- Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills as well as keen attention to detail
- Strong new business skills and tenacious approach
- A strong team player with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales revenues
- Excellent knowledge and ability to apply all the latest applicable research and data within sales process
- Exceptional communication, administration and business skills
- Education preferably to degree level
- Experience in the gardening industry is a plus but no a pre-requisite overall having a passion for consumer publishing is a must